Trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim problem

Getting very frustrated. I am stitching on Plush fleece throws and having trouble with the trims a majority of the time. I have good ties in design (it is all a very open double fill (density at 22.0), new thread feed rollers and set at 115%, bobbin tension at a 2" drop, material thickness at 5 with a lower limit of three. Solvy on top and bottom, hooped in a magnetic hoop. At trim the bobbin thread pops back out of the pigtail and, of course, won't catch at the next color change. Maybe it is just the "elastic" nature of the plush fleece - won't hoop really tight? Do not have any trouble on other designs or fabrics.

I don't understand the 115%. Where is that setting?
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Take off the cover on the trimmer. Clean and oil.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I don't think the material thickness is 5 on fleece. It is more like 2 or 3.
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Wondering why the solvy underneath? Seems like it would just get stretchy from that. Why not a good tearaway? Need some real backing with fleece.
          Hidden Cottage

Comment

When I stitch fleece I use wash away backing (valine) and no topping I do not need to change any of the default settings and everything stitches flawlessly.
            and I stitch a lot of polar and infant fleece....
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

I hope this is not too late but I always use a Medium weight tear-away underneath and use the solvy on the top. I do this for all "napped" items towel,blankets,velvet.
              Johanna

Comment

Okay, thanks for all tips....I finally got it to work. If I use tearaway/washaway backing will it actually wash out from underneath the bobbin on really open fills (density 25.0+)? And if it is trapped under the bobbin on back, will it get soft when washed or will it crinkle up and be irritating? This is the luxury plush fleece with a very high nap but I guess the nap doesn't count as material thickness does it?

Comment

Working...
                X