4 mil Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 mil Maintenance

Got all the rollers out and back in. All greased. But I can't seem to get the Thread feeder front cover ( the black thing) back in correctly or quickly.

Is there any trick or tip. Should be simple but I just don't get it ?

It makes no difference whether you start from left to right or right to left (I always go from right to left). Take a little flashlight and look where you are trying to insert them. Angle them in with the right corner going in first then straighten them and snap down. They will snap into place. There is a little ledge they need to fasten under. Once you get the first one in and to "snap" you will get the "feel" of what you need to do.
    Sharon
    Rod & Sharon
    tech and trainers
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

For me, it was helpful to use both hands to re-insert the black cover plates; it helped me keep the plate level. It does get easier with use and practice.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
      Bee Embroidered
      www.BeeEmbroidered.com
      (916) 7467
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

I take the cover off, then you can put them in easy. I found this makes it faster then fighting with them

Comment

Thanks for all of your advise. I helps, but its still taking a long time. What do you think would happen if I sanded the ledge down or complete removed it so that it would just slip in ?

Comment

Go for it, but then you would just find yourself buying a whole NEW set of covers.

The ridges are there for a reason and that is to hold the covers in position at the top side or they would just fall out....leave them alone, do not modify them.....

I can remove all 16 of the covers AND replace them in 5 minutes or less....it is not that tough.

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

The first time or two they can be vexing. But after that they are pretty easy to do. I go more by feel than sight. It just takes some practice.
              Marilou

Comment

/hugs Kahaluu

Comment

Thanks again, all. I've finally completed my first 4 mil. Could not have done it without your helpful advise.
                  I feel I've completed a right of passage ( trial by ordeal). I hope I get to do this every month.

Comment

I just did the 4 mil maintenance but now some of the rollers are not snug against the thread, so the thread isn't held in place by the roller. Other rollers work fine. I can't see what I did or how I did differently.

I have tried taking them out and putting them back in, but no luck.

Where did I go wrong? Is there a mark somewhere?
                    Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

Dee,

Are you sure that the little black covers are are securely snapped in place?

What is the thread doing...running off to the left side of the roller and creating a birdnest? If this is the case, it probably means that you inadvertantly may have gotten some grease on either the red pinch rollers or the yellow threadfeed rollers.

If this is the case, you will have to take them back out and wash them in warm water and soap, do not use any alcohol or cleaners on them , just warm water and soap. They will need to be relubed...the best way to do this is to use a cue tip with all the cotton removed or a small flat blade screw driver. Put a droplet of grease on it and then insert it down into the pocket where the brass hubs of the threadfeed gear will rotate. One droplet for each side of the roller.

Same for the pinch roller. Put the grease on the axle hub first and use the cue tip or screwdriver to spread it around the hub to get it eavenly covered . Doing it this way will help to keep any contaminents from getting on the surface of the rollers....and yes I know how the Step Thru procedure and pictures tell you or show you how to do it.....trust me, putting the grease in the pockets and on the pinch roller hub first is a better way....

Comment

Off hand I'd say that the red roller is being prevented from going down all the way. So, what is stopping it? Did you check the little black cover? Is it installed properly? You could take it off all the way and see if the red roller goes all the way closed then. If it does, then it is the black cover that is the problem. Just try installing it again. Those little buggers are sometimes hard to get to snap into place. I call my husband to come help if that happens, and he can do it in a snap (excuse the pun.)

Juli in Kona
                        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Rollers nº1 and nº2 have this issue. With the black covers flipped down over the yellow rollers, I can still pull the thread through, no resistance, no movement of the roller. The thread is free moving.

From your comments, it sounds like I just need to remove the covers and wriggle them in until they are in all the way.
                          Thanks.
                          Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

All is well. It was just a question of fitting the covers in correctly.

Comment

Working...
                            X