Randomly going out of alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randomly going out of alignment

I have a very strange problem and can email the techs tomorrow but thought I would ask on here first - I've tried a search but can't see me problem but not entirely sure what to search for!

Im sewing a bunch of football shirts with a crest. Last night one of them moved out of alignment for some random reason - the garment isn't getting caught or pulling or anything like that, it's like the hoop is trying to re-centre itself or something and jumps to the left. And it's just happened again!

There are 14 different colours in the design order, and it gets to colour 14 and starts to stitch about 1/2" to the left and above where it should do and the colour order on screen is still showing it stitching colour 13. If I try and go back and forward on the stitches it moves through the design but still trying to use the wrong colour and still out of alignment.

The thread breaks instead of it sewing for some reason so I can catch it and try and move it back into alignment and then hope for the best and start stitching - Im now taking a note of the X and Y positions of each top as I start them as they are all slightly different (matching them up to a logo on the opposite side) and if it happens I can take a note of the stitch count, switch everything off, re-boot laptop and then move the X&Y back to where they were and jump through the design but I shouldn't have to do that.

On all the other times it's stitched the logo it's been fine - it just seems to randomly happen so Im not sure what to do / what the problem is.

Can anyone help - Im so confused?

Thanks
    Mandy

I tried searching under pantograph, which is the name of the assembly that moves the hoop; this is all I found that seems close to your problem:

Comment

Thank you Mama Kass - will get the maintenance man (aka my hubby) to have a look at that!

Comment

Let us know what you find. My doubt is that since the problem is occurring at a color change, it may have something to do with that rather than the pantograph itself. The only other thing I can think of is to clean the color change sensor. I hope someone jumps in here and gives you some help.

Comment

I've been thinking about your problem and have a couple of ideas to work on until someone else has a better suggestion.
          The first I call the Magic Cure because I don't understand how or why it works, but sometimes a file gets corrupted and this can solve the problem. This is a quote from GF who says it better than I could: "Go into the PROGRAM FILE > MELCO > AMAYA V9 directory and delete the folders (completely) that are labeled JOBS and MACHINES. If you're not comfortable deleting them, just rename them temporarily, then delete them after. When you reboot your machine and restart the embroidery software, these directories will automatically be remade. If anything was choking them up, it will be gone and you should have a clean reboot."

If that doesn't do it, then I have a few diagnostic suggestions:
          Change color change #14 to another needle. If it solves the problem then you know the problem is probably related to the original needle and you at least have a temporary fix. (In case you're new at this, you can't move a color change to another needle without returning to origin and restarting the design and then moving to the place you want the design to start sewing.)
          Assign a different color change to the problem needle to see if you experience the same problem when sewing in a different area of the hoop. If it sews without a problem then the needle probably isn't the problem.
          If you eliminate the needle as the source of the problem, then perhaps it is a glitch in the location of the pantograph as discussed in the original thread that I suggested.

I hopes this helps and doesn't leave you tearing out your hair.

Comment

Working...
          X