Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine hoop will Not Center

Hi,

We have a Big Red Amaya and when I turn it on it moves the hoop to center it, but it is WAY off.

I have gone into the OS and selected the Force Download Check Box to make sure machine is getting the data.

If I move the hoop location using the machine keypad to center it, then turn it off and back on, it moves the hoop to an entirely different location.

I reseated all the cables on the PC board.
    Do I need to take out the motor in the back center with the metal cable to see if there is a sensor that needs to be replaced?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Steve
    Atlanta GA
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Steve....NO....do not attempt to take out the center motor ( X-axis motor ). There is not a sensor for it in that location.

How are you trying to center the hoop using the machine keypad? That is...what keys are you using to center the hoop.......the Hoop key and the Target key? Those are the ones that should center the hoop to the "machine".

If a design has been loaded and then the design moved within the hoop, when the machine is turned off, it will probably try to "return to origin" or where it started sewing the last known design from.

There is an optical sensor located on the bottom side of the pantograph and if it gets grease on it or just dirty then the laser may not work properly and the may not find center.

But, take my advice and do not take out the X motor...big problems if you are not trained in this area......

When was the last time a tech looked at this machine? When was the last time the X-axis cables were tensioned?

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Steve... We used to have this issue with our big red and it was a sensor problem. Clean the sensor on the underside of the arm, then also clean the rail. You will see where the sensor is looking for a section that is painted white I think. Hit the estop and move the carriage to the back right. Then release the estop and have it center. It should find the proper center. Eventually, I replaced that sensor (wasn't that expensive or hard) and I can't remember the last time we had an issue. Give it a shot.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Steve....NO....do not attempt to take out the center motor ( X-axis motor ). There is not a sensor for it in that location.

How are you trying to center the hoop using the machine keypad? That is...what keys are you using to center the hoop.......the Hoop key and the Target key? Those are the ones that should center the hoop to the "machine".

If a design has been loaded and then the design moved within the hoop, when the machine is turned off, it will probably try to "return to origin" or where it started sewing the last known design from.

There is an optical sensor located on the bottom side of the pantograph and if it gets grease on it or just dirty then the laser may not work properly and the may not find center.

But, take my advice and do not take out the X motor...big problems if you are not trained in this area......

When was the last time a tech looked at this machine? When was the last time the X-axis cables were tensioned?

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Thanks Rod, John, and Mark,

I am at work but I'll try cleaning the sensor later tonight. I am happy to hear the sensor is not attached to the motor, I had to replace that motor on a different machine before and keeping that cable wrapped up and everything in the exact right location was not easy or enjoyable.

Hopefully it's just a dirty sensor, but I ordered the sensor board just to be safe.

I'll post what happens.

Thanks Again,
          Steve
          Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

Working...
          X