Top thread pulling thru/ bobbin thread break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top thread pulling thru/ bobbin thread break

Top thread is pulling all the way thru and causing a bobbin thread break error.

Problem occurred after machine was started without the bobbin fully in place.

Recently upgraded OS to latest version

To try to correct problem I've
    Cleaned, replaced, and adjusted bobbin tension
    Adjusted presser foot height
    Sewn with auto and manual thread feed settings
    Performed 4 million thread roller lubrication

Is the problem on all needles?

Did you have a needle strike on metal?

Are you absolutely sure that you do not have some thread piece(s) bound up in the rotary hook bobbin basket area?

Did you change out the needle, is it bent, burred, etc?

Have you checked your hook timing? Refer to the tech portion of the Parts and Tech CD to see how this is done.

Just some thoughts....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Problem is across all needles
      no thread tangles in hook bobbin basket area
      Tightened bobbin retention thing

Is the only thing left hook timing ?
      Is this a reasonable operator doable procedure ?

Comment

did you tighten up the screw on the bobbin when you say 'retention thing'? A tight bobbin thread is what pulls your top thread down...
        did you adjust the bobbin so when you hold it up by the thread it slowly 'walks' down and lets out thread?

Comment

I losened the bobbin adjustment screw.
          I tightened the thing with the adjustment tool that retains the bobbin in position in the bobbin basket area

Comment

"I tightened the thing with the adjustment tool that retains the bobbin in position in the bobbin basket area " ?????????

Tightened the thing.....with the adjustment tool?????? Hummmmm....does this mean that you adjusted the rotary hook retaining support finger using the flat metal guage supplied in your starter kit?

The support finger keeps the rotary hook basket from spinning freely. It must be gauged with the gauge tool which is approximately 21 thousands thick. Failure to have this gap will result with machine sewing malfuctions such as what you have been describing.

Check your Parts and Tech CD ....it very clearly describes how to check your hok timing and how to set the gap on the support finger .

I know you are new or appear to be new to this field but it would be helpful for you to take a look at the parts CD and be able to identify the parts by name...there are just way too many "things" on this machine...

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

That was suppose to read "hook timing" not "hok timing."....

Comment

To Rod,
                Correct on all counts.
                Problem is corrected
                1. Adjusted the rotary hook retaining
                support finger with the gauge tool
                2. Changed out the needle
                3. Yes I am new to embroidery
                4. Yes, although I'm only a home embroiderer and
                beginner, I do aspire to be a professional as
                I can, and as a profressional it is important
                that I can identify the parts of the machine
                by its correct name.

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble. You are a true professional

Comment

Kahaluu,

Thank you for the compliment.

I am happy to hear that your problem is solved. One must be very careful when making any adjustments to an embroidery machine. It can turn into a monster if it gets out of sync, adjustment or the timing is not just right. When dealing with one of these machines, the old saying, "For every action, there is a reaction", has a lot of meaning.

Again, glad to hear you are up and going again. I have found the embroidery world, whether it be in the tech side or the embroidery side, to be challenging. So far it has been an adventure.....

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Working...
                  X