Corners Effects with Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corners Effects with Letters

I'm working on lettering and the outlining of the lettering. I've created the letter W and have added the outline; however, I do not have the "corners" option in my single line object properties to complete the mitering method or automatic smooth cornering. I have Design Shop V9, is this option available with this version. The letter has too much stitching in the corner and definitely needs to be reduced. What can I do? Thank you.

in the properties box select the border/outline color.
    right click and choose operations
    then choose convert to wireframe
    now your corners will be available.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

If you're looking to do this automatically with the DS program if you right click on your single line it should bring up properties and on the left hand side of that window under top stitching you will find a list starting with single line then underlay, pull comp, and then corners. Click on corners there and you should then get the window for what you want to do. If you used "auto border" then it should be listed under that heading on the left. Keep looking down the list on the left hand side, it should be there. If not, save it and try re-opening DS and give it another go. Good luck!

Comment

When I use Auto Borders with lettering, I save/close it. Then when I open it back up, the colors are all messed up. The borders have the same color as the letters? I change the colors of the borders, save/close it. Open it back up again, and the same thing happens -- the borders and letters are all the same color? I've never used this feature because when I open it in Amaya OS, I can never get it to stitch out properly. Help! I have DS Pro+ Ver 9.00.101
        Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I have the same version and you are right, I just tried it and the same thing happened when loading to OS. I went back into DS and unchecked "add color change" in the borders properties window, applied it, then went back into it (without closing or saving it) and re-checked the "add color change" and loaded it to OS from DS and the color sequence was correct. I don't really use this feature much, but I do like things to work when needed! Hope this may work for you as well.

Comment

Thanks for the response. It's more of a problem for me because I do all my work on my main computer that has the DS Pro+, but then I go to my other computer that runs my Amaya machine and just load the design file through my home network from my main computer. I don't have the full DS on the computer that has the OS for my Amaya, just the lite version. No matter what I do, when the file is saved and reopened, the colors are all changed and wacky. I did what you suggested and it stitched the first letter ok, but the color was wrong on the second letter. Even what I see on the screen in OS shows a "rainbow" of colors -- NOT the ones I set it up with! I think the whole auto borders is just full of bugs. Has anyone talked to Melco about this?

Comment

You can also convert to wire frame and the color change will stay.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

I tried saving as a Melco exp. thinking that might help like we have to do when doing gradients to keep the colors correct, but it did not keep the color sequence exactly, for some reason it added an extra color on each border. I does work when you are blending though. I believe DS version 9.00.51 is supposed to fix all these little gliches in .101. I tried downloading it and my machines did not like it one bit. My tech said to try to install it twice as that seems to do the trick. Haven't had time for that as yet. Maybe that's why I rarely use the auto border feature

Comment

Lite and full DS

MJ, two things. First, if you bring you dongle from your4 main computer to the computer that controls your machine, you will get the same version as the main computer.
                  Second. try loading your design directly from OS and not thru DS.
                  Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli, I do load always directly from OS. I never even use DS on my second computer that runs my XTS machine -- I only use OS.

As an aside, I'm still not receiving email notifications of anything on amayausers group! I emailed the site manager (John?) because he said to email him and he'd make sure my email address was in and correct? Anybody else know what I should do?

Comment

MJ, I'm going to answer your aside under Guest Relations so we don't highjack this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X