Maintenance Procedures - X Drive Carriage Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Procedures - X Drive Carriage Rails

I bought my XT used and thought we would go ahead and clean, oil and grease the machine since I don't know what kind of care was taken with it prior to me purchasing it.

We have gone thru all the maintenance procedures but cannot seem to get the instructions for the X Drive Carriage Rails to make it move either forward or to either side.

It says to move the x-beam all the way forward and then to one side for greasing.

But, when I push the buttons indicated to move it, it does not move.... Is there something else I should be doing or any ideas how I can get this greasing done?

thanks in advance for your help.

Are you in the "Maintenance" tab under "Tools" when you are trying to do this?

Comment

If you are using the "Timers" step thru process, clicking on next, next, next, etc...should have the machine moving to the correct positions automatically.

If you are doing this manually, simply press in the E-Stop button and manually pull the X carriage all the way to one side, grease the rails and then push it to the other side and grease the rails on that side. It is not necessary doing it manually to pull it all the way forward unless in the next step you may want to start checking the X cable tension with a gauge ...

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer.
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

No, I was just following thru the Maintenance part of the online manual.

I will try in the software under tools.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Rod,

I think I took a look at the step thru process under timers in the maintenance menu, but did not know what to look for. It looked sort of confusing... I will go back there and look to see if that is where I was. Newby here, so just learning everything.

We were just doing it manually and could not get it to move pushing the buttons specified in the manual.

I would prefer to use the step thru process and will try it later tonight.

Is there anything not in the manual, that we should be doing on a regular basis. I have been oiling the rotary hook every day that I use the machine. Clean the area with a brush and canned air.

Thanks for all your help.
          Last edited by SheilaG1911; 04-14-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Is there any way to tell if the x motor is bad ? My problem started with it sewing in one place and not advancing stitches then i reset and tried to trace but it made very loud sounds and stopped . Called melco all signs point to x motor but sure would like to make sure ..to have on hand for tec any thoughts 2006 xt ...thanks in advance norma

Comment

The physical checks would be:

Check X axis cable tension

Check X axis cable to see if broken or that it is not binding somewhere

With machine off or E-stop pushed in, can X carriage be moved left and right manually without any binding?

Remove upper rear metal panel on the back of the machine. At least one of the plastic side covers should be removed to get this panel off. This is where the X motor is located.

Check the belt that goes around the motor pulley to see that it is not binding or loose and slipping

Grab hold of the X motor pulley, is there any play/wobble, etc when you push/pull/lift it around. If there is, then the bushing is gone out of the motor. Another indication of the bushing being gone would be the presence of a reddish brown dusting around the pulley area

Then there is the cable connection to the motherboard and possibly the motherboard itself...

Just some of the things to look for.

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hey Rod & Sharon, I'm going to be in need of your services out here in Southern Oregon. I sent you a message. hoping to find others who may be interested in you making a road trip!

Ron
                Body Cover Design
                Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                X