Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shred thread during sowing

hi,
    some days ago when sowing some threads become shreded and brocken, machine stops. what can be the problem?
    I think there could be a problem I show on the picture attached, the needle is too close to bobbin case asembley. please check who understand this matter and gide me ideia what to do.
    thanks
    Attached Files

Elena,
    It is hard to tell from the picture, but no, it is probably not too close. What you are pointing to is referred to as the "needle guard gap". When I instruct folks on just how close the face of the hook point should be to the back side of the needle I say "it should be touching but not actually touching". This adjustment/measurement must also be performed on the closest needle.

You need to go into your "Help" in the toolbar and go into the Tech manual. Type in Hook Timing in the Search box and select Hook Timing Procedure. Read what it has to say about the procedure and look at the pictures. It will give you a better understanding of what you are looking at.

As to the shredding of the thread, burrs on the needle point, needle orientation, presser foot height, burrs around the needle plate hole are all suspect. One other place to look is for burrs or gouges on the face of the rotary hook support finger. This finger is described in the hook timing procedure. It must be taken off for this inspection and when replaced MUST be properly gapped using the supplied feeler gauge that came with your starter kit. Hope this helps....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
    X