Machine sounding and stopping when moving right and left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine sounding and stopping when moving right and left

I have one machine and have had it about 3 1/2 years. It's suddenly begun making a hideous and extremely loud sound and then stopping (while still screaming at me) if I don't get to it fast enough to stop it. It's ONLY when it's moving right to left, and the first couple of times it was on hats only. I found a buildup of thread wrapped around the bar behind the bobbin, cleaned all that out, and it seemed to solve the problem. However, yesterday it started doing it again on a shirt, and on a very small area of the right/left, whereas the hats were a much larger area.

I'm going through all the lubrication notes to see if there is something somewhere I might have missed, but completely clueless on what could be causing this. Any advice would be appreciated!

Do you get an error message when it stops? Where is the sound coming from? How does the stitching look?
    Here is a thread that talks about a similar noise; maybe it will help you to give us more info.:

Comment

No error message, it just stops. I wen through all the lubrication, and now it's doing something really weird. When I turn it on the carriage moves forward, then all the way to the left, then the machine shuts itself off. After a few seconds it starts back up and then does the same thing. I spent some time on the phone with a Melco tech, and we went through everything we could over the phone, till he said it was going to require a service call. Still trying to set that up, so no clue yet what it's going to take. :-(

Comment

Sorry to hear it. There are several very knowledgeable techs active on this site; perhaps someone can jump in here....

Comment

If the machine is only about 3 1/2 yrs old...it is probably the X axis cable. In your starter kit, you should have gotten a flat metal gauge approx. 8" by 5" . You can check in the tech manual in the help section to see how to use this gauge and how to go about tightening up the cable.

If the cable gets out of tension, the machine WILL make a horrible/horrendous vibrating chattering noise.

I would bet this is your issue.

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X