Quantcast Troubleshooting on design

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Post Thanks / Like

Troubleshooting on design

I'm a newbie and I'm stitching out the attached logo on Poly jackets. I've had the logo digitized and corrected twice by two different companies because I assumed it was a digitizing issue. Any ideas on why the outline isn't straight and is thin in spots (left V on top of M and round bottom of J)and doesn't quite meet the fill? Design looks great in DS Pro and digitizing corrections doesn't seem to help so now I'm thinking it is a technical issue due to my inexperience. I've alternated tearaway and cutaway on the back and have used solvy on the top every time and I'm still getting this bad stitch out. I'm stitching the logo on Under Armour jackets so it needs to look crisp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a registration issue (i.e. the fill stitch is not meeting the border column) which can result from many things, especially backing and pull comp.

Here's a link on backing:
    http://amayausers.com/discussion/sho...ghlight=armour

Here's are links on pull comp etc.:
    http://amayausers.com/discussion/sho...pull+comp+fill
    http://amayausers.com/discussion/sho...l+compensation

Post Thanks / Like
    To me the digitizing looks okay. I've sewn on Under Armour fabrics way too many times. I'll guess that when you sew-out on cutaway or cotton to see to sample it looks great...right? Your issue is the stretchy fabric. The satin stitch is tugging it one way and then back the other. What lessens this will be to spray a bit of LIGHT TACK adhesive to the cutaway and press to the garment. This will HELP prevent the fabric from shifting. Don't make a habit of spraying this indoors or you will end up with a light coat of adhesive on everything in the room. That should do it.

You might choose to increase the column width 105-110% to help with registration issues as well....

4. Thanks BPMcB Thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, definitely increase the pull comp on the fill to 3 or even 4. My want to add 1 to the pull comp on the satin stitch too. Medeira makes a great weblon in white and black that works wonders on this material as well. Also, increasing the material thickness to 4 or 5 will help.

6. Thanks BPMcB Thanked for this post