barrel nut for wooden hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barrel nut for wooden hoop

A barrel nut on one of my wooden hoops is stripped. Melco has a "hoop screw/ barrel nut ass'y" for $5.65!? Does anyone know if this is something I can buy elsewhere? I only see larger ones at Lowes but they're $1.15. The ones I need are about 1/4" x 5/16" and I don't know the thread count, but maybe someone else has already found these somewhere.

Did you ever find any of these hoop screws and barrel nuts somewhere other than Melco. I'm like you I'm not going pay $6.22 plus outrageous shipping for a screw and a nut.
    Rick Booker
    BFC-Creations.com
    Melco EMT 16X

Comment

Nope, but then I figured it would take me too long to search more than I already had, so I bit the bullet and ordered from Melco. I also ordered other replacement parts for servicing my machine in order to spread the shipping costs over items I will need in the future.

Comment

I have a local ACE hardware with hundreds, if not thousands, of little things in drawers -- screws, nuts, bolts, corks, lamp fixtures, and also a True Value Hardware with the same set up. I have found a few different things there.

Comment

In all the years I have dealt with Melco I have found their prices to borderline on gouging and their shipping rates are outrageous. I just had to bite the bullet and order some parts from them and the shipping was out of sight. Just for giggles , I rated the UPS shipping on a retail rate and they had added about 4 bucks to the actual costs. It was over double what USPS Priority would have been and UPS was 2 days slower. They know that the average Melco user won't take the time to shop around for cheaper parts and shipping.

Comment

I did 'shop' a bit on the internet, but we are 1.5 hours away from a city of any decent size. Our local hardware stores are pretty dinky. The problem with these little guys is that you either have to match them in person or know how to determine their size and the gauge of the threads.

Comment

Sewmanyparts.com has these screws/nuts for $4.99 per set. I ordered five sets and paid $5.50 1st class mail shipping. They are silver colored with brass barrel nuts, the screw driver slot is smaller than Melco originals. I use a nut driver to loosen/tighten them so it's no big deal. The bolt head size is smaller: ¼in vs 8mm for Melco
              this link takes you to the part's page.
              Rick Booker
              BFC-Creations.com
              Melco EMT 16X

Comment

Working...
              X