Quantcast Upgrading from Version 7 software to Version 10

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Post Thanks / Like

Upgrading from Version 7 software to Version 10

So I still have my version 7 AOS flex and Designshop Pro plus from 2006, as are my 2 XT's.
    I can upgrade both AOS and DS to the most recent versions for around $1100.
    I will need a new computer since I'm using a Dell desktop with Windows XT.
    I think I have to take the plunge, but I'm wondering if people are using Windows 7 or 8, or should I just go to Windows 10 (not required as per Melco specs)?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are getting a new computer, go to Windows 10. You can also get the 8.1 and then upgrade for free to 10 if you find a better deal. That's what I did. Works great.

3. Thanks Maureen Thanked for this post
    Likes Maureen Liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Could anyone possibly comment on the importance of software compatiblity between the two Melco products for use on a Big Red? (I know the Windows OS compatibility issues all too well!!

I have a 2009 install disc DSP 7.00.114 with the AOS 7.00.115. and using Windows XP though I have access to any Windows O/S for newer versions.

Could you share your opinions on:

(A) Are there significant feature benefits in purchasing a more up to date AOS vs mine?
    (B) Can one of the Melco programs be ahead of the other or should the AOS and the DSP be the same release dates?

What might I be missing out on?!

Many thanks as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wifflepoof View Post
    Could anyone possibly comment on the importance of software compatiblity between the two Melco products for use on a Big Red? (I know the Windows OS compatibility issues all too well!!

I have a 2009 install disc DSP 7.00.114 with the AOS 7.00.115. and using Windows XP though I have access to any Windows O/S for newer versions.

Could you share your opinions on:

(A) Are there significant feature benefits in purchasing a more up to date AOS vs mine?
    (B) Can one of the Melco programs be ahead of the other or should the AOS and the DSP be the same release dates?

What might I be missing out on?!

Many thanks as always.
    Simply put, upgrade the OS to 10 as it will improve the sew quality of your machine
    Lots of improvements, tweaks and adjustments between 7 and 10. Totally worth it. Design shop... If you are happy with what you have stick with it unless you get a bundle deal.

My 2 cents...
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website!
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

7. Thanks wifflepoof Thanked for this post
    Likes wifflepoof Liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, counting down the seconds for someone to tell me that I am totally wrong about design shop - lol.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website!
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

9. Likes wifflepoof Liked this post