False bobbin break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False bobbin break

Hello my Amaya XT will run great and then all of a sudden it will stop and say bobbin break. I check bobbin which is still attached and then start the machine again and needle will touch down three times then stop and say bobbin break. The only way I found to fix this is to shut off the machine and restart but then after about a half hour it will do it again. Please help!

Originally posted by stargazeremb View Post
    Hello my Amaya XT will run great and then all of a sudden it will stop and say bobbin break. I check bobbin which is still attached and then start the machine again and needle will touch down three times then stop and say bobbin break. The only way I found to fix this is to shut off the machine and restart but then after about a half hour it will do it again. Please help!
    At least to get thru today - turn off bobbin detection.

In the OS, Tools > Machine > Enable Bobbin Thread Detection - uncheck.

I find sometimes on certain types of columns on one of my machines - I get this problem occasionally.

You may also find your acti-feed minimum is set too high and lowering it might help.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Do a search on this site under "false bobbin break"; you should find tons of info.

Comment

False bobbin breaks can be caused by several things so here are a few things to check:
        1. Your thread break sensor (the little silver bar your thread goes over) may need to be GENTLY rotated back and forth - I won't go into the explanation on that one, but try it.
        2. If it is happening in a column area, it may be that the column is too narrow which means holes by the needle are being punched too closely together and actually overlapping making a hole so there is nothing for the thread to tie off to underneath.
        3. Presser foot too high? Purpose of the foot is to hold fabric down to avoid flagging. Put it as low as it can go without making footprints on your fabric.
        4. Have you checked your bobbin tension?
        5. Have you cleaned out under the leaf spring on the bobbin case with the corner of a piece of typing paper - checking for wax build-up or a tiny piece of thread?
        6. Are you using proper backing and hooping taut? We could get into a lot of stuff regarding backing but just be sure you use a good cutaway most all the time.
        7. If all else fails, disable your bobbin protect to get through your project.
        Hope something here helps.
        Sharon Springer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X