Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is rotary hook on Big Red Amaya owner replaceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is rotary hook on Big Red Amaya owner replaceable?

I am wondering whether folks think that replacing the rotary hook on a 2003 (Big Red) Amaya would be something that could be done properly by a non-service tech (like me)? I am very handy, but I'm uncertain about this.

I have never attempted this on my machine, and I'm reluctant to try it without knowing ahead of time if this is a good idea! I'd hate to screw up my machine and be out of service, so I'd like to hear from some knowledgeable folks about this... It's currently working, but has some "issues" on occasion that I've pretty much narrowed down to the rotary hook - after all, it's 12 years old now - so I acquired a replacement and am ready to get this completed.

Is there a video on this process somewhere? What are the pitfalls (besides the obvious catastrophic failure!) that I would need to be aware of? Should I just bite the bullet and get a service tech to do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Jim Sulsona
    Laughing Palm, Inc.

If you know how to time the hook then you won't have any issues. If you don't, read through the maintenance book and see if you feel comfortable. My opinion is: If all you do is mess with the hook area then there won't be any issues if you don't get it right and have to call a tech anyways.

Comment

Working...
    X