Towels, Need help. PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towels, Need help. PLEASE!!

I need some advice. I'm stitching bath towels and they are fairly thick, I'm doing a fill stitch because the letters are about 2" to 2 1/2" tall, they are too large for satin stitches. The letters have gaps in the stitching and look very sloppy. It also looks like the bobbin thread might be pulling up. Here are the settings I have tried:
    1. Played with the Actifeed, seem to do nothing
    2. Stitch density at 3.8 and 3.4 also used the "auto" feature. The "auto" setting was the worst, the font looked best at 3.4 but was VERY dense. I would like to keep the density at about 3.8.
    3. Increased the pull comp. that helped some.

I'm using 2 layers of tearaway and a layer of solvy as topping. I'm using the "Brody" font. Anyone have any suggestions.
    Thanks Jan

I have been known to create a quick applique of a large design
    on towels and applique 1st with a light fabric the color of my thread
    and then stitch the design at a lower density. works great.
    Learned this from Balboa Thread works designs.
    This also allows the design to be softer.

You can also do a fill underlay @ 90 degrees it will help hold the pile down.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

A product called 'cover stitch' is great for towels and any other fabric that tends to push through stitches. It comes in many colors. I have found that just buying a roll of the clear works well for any color thread and is much easier and cost effective to keep in stock.

Marcelle Lewis
      Embroidery Design Sales, Free Embroidery Designs, Hot Fix Crystals, Embroidery Designs Digitizers, Graphics for Embroidery, Thread & Supplies for Embroidery, Embroidery Machines, Equipment & Accessories, Embroidery Software for Digitizing, Resizing, Thread Conversion, Embroidery Related Users Lists, Sewing & Fabric Related Websites, Web Site Designers for Embroidery Sites, Sewing & Fabric Related Websites

Machine Embroidery Designs, Mardi Gras, Baby, Children, Butterfly, Dragonfly, Flower, Immediate Download, Party, Holiday, Amazing Quality, Hearts, Monograms, Alphabets, Large Designs, Mouse, pattern
      Marcelle Lewis
      http://embroideryavenue.com
      http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Originally posted by Janny View Post
        I need some advice. I'm stitching bath towels and they are fairly thick, I'm doing a fill stitch because the letters are about 2" to 2 1/2" tall, they are too large for satin stitches. The letters have gaps in the stitching and look very sloppy. It also looks like the bobbin thread might be pulling up. Here are the settings I have tried:
        1. Played with the Actifeed, seem to do nothing
        2. Stitch density at 3.8 and 3.4 also used the "auto" feature. The "auto" setting was the worst, the font looked best at 3.4 but was VERY dense. I would like to keep the density at about 3.8.
        3. Increased the pull comp. that helped some.

I'm using 2 layers of tearaway and a layer of solvy as topping. I'm using the "Brody" font. Anyone have any suggestions.
        Thanks Jan
        I use thin vinyl party table cloths, I get at the local party store, or dollar store, in colors I need, works just like solvey, only less expensive and match thread color you are using.
        Susan
        Hidden Cottage

Comment

Working...
        X