Metallic thread favorites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic thread favorites?

What's your favorite metallic thread to use on lettering?
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

I really like Yenmet metallics, buy from sewforless.com.A\Also really like Superior Threads Metallics.
    My XTS is fussy, and does really well with these two. The others I've tried were disaster, so I recommend these two as minimally problematic.

Comment

Superior threads are the heist quality you will find
      Quilters and Sewists alike choose Superior Threads because they care about creating exceptional, unique, beautiful quilts and sewn projects.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

highest
        I have a spelling problem tonight
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

We use almost exclusively metallic thread. I buy from Robison Anton and YLI because they sell the huge cones we need, but I have found that they are the same Japanese thread. Superior threads are also Japanese so I'm guessing they're all from the same manufacturer. I would recommend any of these suppliers. I have found that increasing my column feed by 10 points improves my finished product since this thread is heavier; also I would definitely do a practice run with less density (higher number) than you would usually use with your poly thread. I run this thread at 1000spm, but the key is that the digitizing must avoid repeated stitches in the same place, so if you've got very narrow and/or dense columns be prepared to babysit.

Comment

I've used madeira super twist a couple times and its a nightmare! I cringe when someone says they want metallic! But sometimes they just want what they want! Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to try these, all probably!

Comment

I use Madeira FS40 with zero problems.

Comment

EMT 16 Metallic thread

Here is my EMT 16 sewing Madeira FS 40 metallic thread on jacket back 42000 stitches witch 12000 are metallic. Once I had machine set up properly it has been sewing very well with minimal thread break

Comment

Metallic

Originally posted by danikasdad View Post

Here is my EMT 16 sewing Madeira FS 40 metallic thread on jacket back 42000 stitches witch 12000 are metallic. Once I had machine set up properly it has been sewing very well with minimal thread break
                  What settings do you use? That looks great!

Comment

Metallic

What settings do you use with it?

Comment

First off I am using a 11/75 needle sewing at a speed of 1000 spm and active feed is set to 6, I also changed the setting by color to trim metallic . I am sewing thin Lycra type (stretchy) Stormtech dance jacket. for backing I am using the new Gunold action back (this stuff is great) and 2.5 oz cut away backing

Comment

Ooo whats the new gunold action back? And where did you get it? !

Comment

Working...
                        X