Stitching on side of the hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stitching on side of the hat

I'm getting my Amaya soon and I looked at all the videos in the melco university. None of them explain how I go from stitching on the front of the hat to the side. How do I set up the program to do that

If you know how to digitize, you can create the design(s) in Design Shop to sew the front and sides all at the same time, but it is very difficult to get them to line up on the sides when the cap rotates. This is because of trying to hoop the cap perfectly so that when it rotates to do the side design it will usually be crooked no matter how careful you try to be. The cap driver is capable of sewing a really wide design of 270 degrees from one side to the other, but if doing a frontal design and then one on the side(s), I have found it better to do it in separate steps.

When doing a side design, such as lettering, you can make life a lot easier by using the "Laser alignment" tools in AOS. It works very well and saves a lot of time over trying to hoop the cap perfectly everytime. Can it be done all in one step, yes, but it really depends on what needs to be done, what the design(s) is/are and how much time you want to spend fiddling around in trying to get everything to sew straight on the cap.

My advice is to do the sides in separate steps, meaning loading individual designs for the front and sides, but play with trying to do something that has both the frontal and side designs digitized to sew that way, but you will have to know something about digitizing to do it this way also.

To do a side design or lettering, load the design and rotate the capdriver around to the side with the hoop and arrow keys and then orient the design to sew where you want it to by using the hoop and arrow keys for final adjustment. Again, research the "Laser alignment" option to be able to line up the design/lettering so it will sew parallel to the edge of the cap.

The use of the "Micro clamp" for the capdriver works well , also the Slimline clamping system or even the use of Fast Frames for doing the side or the back of caps too.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Last edited by Rod or Sharon; 11-24-2015, 09:53 AM.
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
      If you know how to digitize, you can create the design(s) in Design Shop to sew the front and sides all at the same time, but it is very difficult to get them to line up on the sides when the cap rotates. This is because of trying to hoop the cap perfectly so that when it rotates to do the side design it will usually be crooked no matter how careful you try to be. The cap driver is capable of sewing a really wide design of 270 degrees from one side to the other, but if doing a frontal design and then one on the side(s), I have found it better to do it in separate steps.

When doing a side design, such as lettering, you can make life a lot easier by using the "Laser alignment" tools in AOS. It works very well and saves a lot of time over trying to hoop the cap perfectly everytime. Can it be done all in one step, yes, but it really depends on what needs to be done, what the design(s) is/are and how much time you want to spend fiddling around in trying to get everything to sew straight on the cap.

My advice is to do the sides in separate steps, meaning loading individual designs for the front and sides, but play with trying to do something that has both the frontal and side designs digitized to sew that way, but you will have to know something about digitizing to do it this way also.

To do a side design or lettering, load the design and rotate the capdriver around to the side with the hoop and arrow keys and then orient the design to sew where you want it to by using the hoop and arrow keys for final adjustment. Again, research the "Laser alignment" option to be able to line up the design/lettering so it will sew parallel to the edge of the cap.

The use of the "Micro clamp" for the capdriver works well , also the Slimline clamping system or even the use of Fast Frames for doing the side or the back of caps too.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Rod thanks for the reply I will read what you just wrote like it's the bible. I going to need all the help I can get, I'm going to be doing production for different brands and I want to get this down. I was at a trade show and someone had a machine and sewed the front and then it rotated to the side with no problems. When I looked at the designs he had on the screen he had them lined up next to each other, I didn't get a chance to ask him how he did that it moved so effortlessly from the front to the side, I wish there was a video showing how to do this.

Comment

I need to sew out some of those castro, military, yoga kind of caps, and 1.25" square just to the side of center, do I need to hoop them or fast frame, (which seems loose). Any suggestions?
        Susan
        @Hidden Cottage
        Hidden Cottage

Comment

From what you said, it sounds as though you will still be in the area of the bill of the cap, in which case I would definitely use the cap frame for hooping. The stiffness of the bill will not allow the cap to adhere smoothly to a fast frame.

Comment

Thanks, played with it a bit before turning the lights off last night. I'll put a strip of fleece behind the teeth of the hoop, it goes right across the band of the cap, so it won't leave marks..
            Thanks for responding, appreciate it..
            Susan
            Hidden Cottage

Comment

Working...
            X