HOW DO I--Solid Background behind font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DO I--Solid Background behind font

What I'm doing is not working. I tried digitizing from her photo (png) but it looks awful, and this is small lettering about 1/2 inch tall. See photo. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to create this from scratch? I don't see any type of font in my DS9pro+ that looks remotely like this. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

Lettering is one of the hardest things to digitize. I would find a font that is similar, type out the word(s), wireframe them, then go in and fix each letter to look like the picture. You could ask your customer what the font is and if he doesn't know, then ask if you could find something similar. I am surprised at how little my customers care about exactly matching the font.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I finally figured it out

Thank you for your reply. I found an alternate way, with my scrounging through the Meldo videos, I got this idea.

What I ended up doing is selecting one of the filled rectangle shapes, that shows up at the bottom of the screen, and typing the word over top of it. It came out good.

So glad I got it figured out. Thank goodness this client chose the plain block font, and that made it much easier.

Again thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It is most appreciated.

Comment

Just a quick tip--Often I can locate an almost identical font (when I don't have one in my Melco Design Shop Pro software) from www.embroiderydesigns.com. They are very nice to do business with and always honor their guarantee.
        Debbie in Arizona

Comment

Debbie ...Did you by chance also download their free font software? Wondered how well that might work.

Comment

Wondering, doesn't anyone else go to free font sites and choose the option of TT (True Type) and download those and install them to our Melco fonts lists. My favorite site is call creamundo.com. I have over 750 fonts, 99% of them from other sites. They sew out beautifully, but remember to add underlay...
            I do mostly custom embroidery, matching fonts is an almost daily occurrence, matching from Wedding Invitations is the biggest part, those couples spent time choosing the fonts they use, I match them on linens, towels, throws, etc...but, as per usual, there's always one 1 don't have...
            Susan
            @Hidden Cottage Embroidery
            Hidden Cottage

Comment

Hidden Cottage: I don't know Spanish. Does this exist in English?
              Bill

Comment

I frequently do download TT fonts, but have found most of them need considerable editing after converting. I generally just end up digitizing my own if the artwork is good enough to use, if not, I download the font and then digitize it.

Comment

Bill, click on the British flag at the top of the page; it will translate automatically.

Comment

Working...
                  X