Security Key and shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Key and shutdown

I am having an issue when I start up Design Shop where I get a message "the security key for this product cannot be located. The application will now shut down." I assume this is the dongle that has gone bad? I tried plugging and unplugging it but no help. I don't have a warranty any longer so I'm assuming Melco won't even talk to me so I appreciate any knowledge or direction on this issue.
    Thank you.
    Joanna
    Joanna

Try:
    unplug the dongle
    uninstall the software
    reinstall the software
    reboot the computer
    open the program
    plug in the dongle

Melco has support packs you can purchase to talk with someone over the phone. I have no idea what they run.

HOPEFULLY, though, the above series of steps I loving refer to as a Tango will get you up and running.

HTH,
    Judy

Comment

I agree with Judy its most likely in the PC.

Try putting the dongle in another port. If it tried to load itself then you know it is a port problem.
      If it does not try to load then you can start to suspect the dongle.

But try this first.

Open the Control Panel, Device Manager.
      Watch the Device Manager screen as you plug in the dongle.
      The screen should jump as the Dongle installs itself.
      If not look for the yellow exclamation mark and update the driver.
      Most likely the driver did not load.

The key is to watch the device manager as that the first place the PC goes when a USB device is plugged in.

Inobu

Comment

I have had to purchase 2 dongles in 8 years. Mine would only show lite version of software. I had maintenance and they tried all sorts of things before the decision was to purchase new ones. Mine was $95.00 then.
        Good luck, hope this works for you.
        Last edited by Anne Howell; 01-07-2016, 07:37 PM. Reason: error

Comment

We purchased our machines in 2006 and did not get the extended warranty and we have called them and they do respond. They used to charge for calls after your warranty expired, but we have not received a charge from them in the last couple of years for calls. You may want to look into this. I think they may have changed that.

Comment

Working...
          X