Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredding / Breaking Thread

Shredding / Breaking Thread

I am a new owner of 2 Amaya XTS machines and new to embroidery.
    I was hoping someone could look at the picture and offer suggestions as to why the blue fill stitches seemed to sew nicely but when working on the wing, I continued to have thread shredding and breaking issues.

I've tried adjusting the acti-feed, it is set on standard with 1 being in setting.

I've read most of the posts in the forum relating to shredding and have followed the procedures to check presser foot height and head timing.

I had a similar shredding breaking issue with the white at the top of the design.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

(I haven't received any training, I wasn't aware that phone support was going to cost me $600.). That'll have to wait until after I make the next two tuition payments for the semester.
    Attached Files

I embroider on a lot of denim. I always use a heavyweight cutaway stabilizer, and have auto actifeed minimum setting at 4.

Comment

ALSO, lack of humidity can cause static, a mortal enemy. Change out needles in case those have a burr. Be certain the needles are placed correctly, not with the eye facing toward the left.

Comment

It is possible that your outline density is too tight. That means that the stitches are too close together causing the thread to break. This is a small area and you could try a number nine needle. Do you have any design software like Design Shop?
        Margaret
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Thank you Judy and Margaret for your responses.
          I am running design shop V9. When I bought the machines I essentially bought out a business and really got the top of the line software - Designshop Pro v9, AOS Flex V10, hoops and supplies.
          As for static electricity / humidity, I'm not sure if that's the problem. The machines are in my bonus room and our heat pump doesn't heat that room well. When I want to work up there I have to turn on a portable heater for awhile to warm the room up.

As for the backing and tension, I tested the design on my other machine and it ran fine.

I've watched the machine real close and I noticed that there seems to be a lot of slack in thread after the feed rollers and before the needle just before the thread shreds.

See test sew out in other machine.

Thanks again!
          Sandra
          Attached Files

Comment

The conclusion.....
            I changed 2 needles that were backwards, fixed problem!
            ����
            Thanks again Judy and Margaret!
            Sandra

Comment

I was having the shredding/breaking thread problem on both of my Amaya machines. When my husband examined the blades, both had such a rough surface, that it couldn't help but ruin the thread. Feel free to give me a call if you have other questions you feel I might answer. Sharon Ryan, Sew Sure, LLC, 303-257-7344.

Comment

Working...
              X