Art Programs to Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Programs to Use

Just wondering if anyone had some suggestions for an art program to use to clean up and create good artwork for digitizing.

I've been using Photoshop for decades, now. At work, we use Photoshop Elements and I find that it is a very simple and easy program for doing quick image clean ups.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtneyDawn View Post
      I've been using Photoshop for decades, now. At work, we use Photoshop Elements and I find that it is a very simple and easy program for doing quick image clean ups.
      Photoshop is great for cleaning stuff up, however you'll want a vector based program to create new artwork such as Illustrator or Corel Draw. Vector programs allow the image to scale while raster based programs like Photoshop don't scale up, they only scale down.

Design Shop does a pretty good job of importing clean, simple vector art and converting to stitches.

For whatever reason, Corel had a foothold in the embroidery industry despite Illustrator and Adobe's products having the advantage elsewhere.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thank you both for your input.

Comment

I agree with John. Everything I digitize is either sent to me as a vector .eps or I build it in Adobe Illustrator and save it as an .eps. If you can become familiar with Illustrator, it is a much more user-friendly program to draw logos with, compared to DesignShop (In my opinion). After I have an .eps file, I use auto convert function in DesignShop to convert it to stitches. From there, I just make minor adjustments (Thread directions, splices, etc.). This has proved the best and easiest way for me to digitize. I'm not sure if others do it this way, but I had to teach myself a lot of what I know, and this way has worked well for me. I'm interested to know if others do it this way?

Comment

Working...
          X