Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you install the Amaya OS on a new computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install the Amaya OS on a new computer?

The computer that had the Amaya OS version 7 on it on it died today. It ran Windows XP and never had an issue with the OS or dongle in 7 or 8 years. My problem is how do I now install OS version 10 on a Windows 7 laptop? Our single machine is the Amaya XT which we purchased in 2008 or 2009

I have tried just a straight install from the Version 10 CD that we purchased about a year ago and never installed. It got the point that told me to plug in the dongle and remembered reading on here a long time ago about how dongle could get erased or made void and useless.

Since this dongle was used for Amaya OS version 7 on an XP computer do I just plug the dongle in when tells me to do so and it will work fine OR am I playing with fire here?

A related question: Since we have no use for the Designer software can I just install the Amaya OS.

Thank you very much,
    Rick Booker
    Rick Booker
    BFC-Creations.com
    Melco EMT 16X

This came from Melco Tech Support a few years ago and works for DS and AOS V9 on a Windows 7 machine so it may work for AOS V10 as well.

Insert Melco Software DVD into your computers DVD reader

Left click 'computer' under start

Right click on the 'DVD Drive' that the Melco Software DVD is located and then left click on 'Open'. Do not click on 'Open Auto Play . . .'

Right click on the Setup.exe and then left click on properties

Left click on compatibility

Left click the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and then select Windows Vista from the drop down

Left click the Run this program as an administrator under 'Privilege Level'

Left click on ok

Run the installer and install AOS

After installing right click on the AOS icon.exe on the desktop and left click properties

Follow steps from above to install AOS

Now AOS will run in Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
    Marcelle Lewis
    http://embroideryavenue.com
    http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Working...
    X