Breaking needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking needles

I am running a EMT 16. I have had nothing but bad experience sewing constructed ball caps. I am trying to sew logo that is only 1.67" high on hat and I get a constant needle break. I have no problem sewing same design on unconstructed ball cap. Every time the needle gets to middle seem of hat the hat needles breaks. Should I switch to 80/12 sharp needle? How high should the presser foot be?

Originally posted by danikasdad View Post
    I am running a EMT 16. I have had nothing but bad experience sewing constructed ball caps. I am trying to sew logo that is only 1.67" high on hat and I get a constant needle break. I have no problem sewing same design on unconstructed ball cap. Every time the needle gets to middle seem of hat the hat needles breaks. Should I switch to 80/12 sharp needle? How high should the presser foot be?
    How high? Or how low?

All the way down, one or two clicks up. If you are getting marks on the cap, go up one more click.

We use the CCF frame for almost all caps and have no problems, constructed, unconstructed, flex fit, bucket cap etc running 75/11 titanium needles either sharp OR ballpoint. Rarely get a broken needle.

Assume you have watched Herb's hooping video...
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Yes watch the video many times. 75/11 sharp is what I am using maybe I try lowering pressure foot. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for reply

Comment

Not sure what speed you are running at, but perhaps you might want to try slowing down the machine so the needle does not have as much chance of deflecting on the thick seam with the added buckram under it which can cause needle breaks. Just a thought

Comment

Working...
        X