z axis timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z axis timeout error

Needle broke on initial start of sewing. Noticed also (now) that the needle is slightly right of the center of presser foot. Had to hand turn the machine (axle?)to lift broken needle to get hoop off of machine. Was hoping turning it off & back on would return it to center but needle still not lined up with pressure foot...? Any suggestions??

Is the needle lined up with the needle plate hole? If so, can you do a "Headup" command in "Maintenance", "Head Timing", "Headup"?

Is the Presser foot bent? If the needle lines up with the needle plate hole, it may be.

Are all of the takeup levers AND needle bars in the up position and lined up with each other respectfully? If not , with the E-stop depressed, turn the Z-axis shaft by hand until they are. Disengauge the E-stop....then.... if the needle is lined up with the needle plate hole.....try the "Headup" process again.

Go into "Maintenance", "Steppers" and click "Home" in the "Color Change" column. This should bring everything back to it's home position and get the needlecase back in position.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

thanks for the suggestions-I think the last one helped & it's back to being a happy Amaya...

Comment

one more question...what's the best spray adhesive product to use to apply backing, that will leave the least residue on the needle??

Comment

KK2000 works great!
          Barb in Broomfield, Colorado
          Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

OK thanks!

Comment

I have always used 505. I think, and I may be wrong, that you can get 505 much cheaper than KK2000. You have to really watch what size can you are getting.

Juli in Kona
              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Sewingallnight?

Just as a bit of friendly advice. Use adhesive sprays sparingly (any of them ) and only when absolutely necessary. It does have it's uses but continued excessive use will cause you some grief.

Sticky backing is even worse...

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer
                Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                X