Quick Change Hoop Tech Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Change Hoop Tech Help!

Does anybody know where I can find the 6 in 1 Quick Change hoop information to add to my hoop settings? Hoop Tech doesn't even have the info which is extremely frustrating...It's not in the Hoop Setup on my Melco XTS and I would really like to use these for embroidering on shirt pockets.

You all do know that you actually don't need the hoop setting to run your jobs on any hoop, don't you? Just make sure you do a trace and make absolutely sure that the needle or presser foot won't hit the hoop.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Juli in Kona View Post
      You all do know that you actually don't need the hoop setting to run your jobs on any hoop, don't you? Just make sure you do a trace and make absolutely sure that the needle or presser foot won't hit the hoop.
      Nope...I'm a newbie and don't have a clue how to run a trace....unless you are talking about a design trace. I've done that...can't get the design where I need it even using other hoop info. You'd think that if someone is going to sell you a product they would have the info for that machine to use said product.
      Last edited by kewill; 06-06-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

You could sew out your design on backing, cut it out close to the edge of design, measure to find the center of your cut out design, mark and poke a hole in it there, now place where you want it on the pocket, and make a mark on your pocket with a disappearing garment marking pen. (If you will be sewing over that point and know it will be covered with stitches, you could use a regular pencil or pen) You should have laser lights on your machines, so just point the laser on the dot you marked, then trace, and if all clears the hoop, you should be good to go. (Be sure to allow enough clearance between the tracing laser dot for the presser foot and needle to clear hoop you are using. If it shows right next to the hoop edge, the presser foot will hit your hoop.) Rather inconvenient, but it will work if you're hesitant about your placement being correct and clear for sewing. And yes, Julie does mean design trace.

Comment

Actually, in DS you can Center your design, then turn the center cross hairs. That tells you the exact center of your design. Mark your shirt (or what ever) where you want the center of your design. Note the size of your design - say it is 4" high by 4" wide. You will need a hoop at min. 5" x5" and that is the measurement of the inside of the hoop. So you actually have to take the hoop and measure it with a ruler. AND you have to watch the 4 corners, because if your design is square and you are using a round hoop, the hoop is going to have to be bigger than 5"! Hoop the shirt and get it on the machine then do the trace. Watch carefully to make sure that you have between 1/4" ( which is frighteningly close) and 1/2" (which is what I recommend especially for newbies). If there is any question at all that the needle or presser foot will hit the hoop, do not take a chance!!! Just resize your design until your are absolutely sure it will not hit. Especially watch the corners. With experience you will have more confidence.
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
          X