Quantcast wide angle cap driver for Big Red

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Post Thanks / Like

wide angle cap driver for Big Red

I have a wide angle cap driver kit (32198) which I have tried to sell here a couple of times; it is still in the box. Although it says "kit," I see no cap frame or gauge included with it. It originally sold for about $600 and we have had a couple of people interested in it at $300, but both of these buyers just disappeared after saying they wanted it even though I told them both I'd accept any offer because I'm about ready to throw the thing out. Perhaps the problem is the lack of frames or a gauge which Melco no longer sells as far as I can see. It can be used on any Big Red with a serial number between 320001 and 324999.

Anyway...does anyone want this thing? We'd be willing to give it to someone in need if they'd pay shipping costs. We can also accept a tax deductible "donation" if you think it fair to pay something for it.

Here's a link that shows what it is:
    http://www.melco-service.com/docs/PM...1_-_322064.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    On the above link, click on "Options" and go down to part number 32198.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weren't these included with the Big Reds? I know my three have one and their boxes all indicate that they are setup for their particular machine. I'm thinking they can be used with any machine though. Does your version have the built in screws to attach to the machine? If not, I might be interested in taking it off your hands to use instead of my built-in screws version.
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, this came with our Big Red. I'm not sure what "built-in screws" you are referring to, but I have attached a link that shows how to do a "first time installation and adjustment" if the driver was not adjusted for the machine it will be used on. They are calling this driver a "dove-tail mounted wide angle driver" and mine looks just like the one pictured. Under "working with caps and wide angle drivers," click on "adjusting the dove-tail wide angle driver."
    http://www.melco-service.com/docs/AM...yaOperator.htm