Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what causes this?

I have an Amaya xt
    Started making a horrible noise with long stitches. And the quality of fill stitches seemed like it was missing stitches. I ran the ampass test and the flower design would make the sames noise.
    IMG_3574.jpg
    Thanks
    Bill

Originally posted by ppcwilly View Post
    I have an Amaya xt
    Started making a horrible noise with long stitches. And the quality of fill stitches seemed like it was missing stitches. I ran the ampass test and the flower design would make the sames noise.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]188[/ATTACH]
    Thanks
    Bill
    Cable tension checked recently?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Hey John thanks for replying. Never had the cable tension checked. The force gauges on Melco are $395, is their another place to buy. I see Wagner force gauges on eBay?

Comment

Bill,
        The cable tension gauge cost $21.85 at Melco. I believe this is what you need.
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I ordered the tension gauge today, will follow up after adjustments are made.
          Thanks for the information.
          Bill
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ppcwilly; 07-15-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I adjusted the cable tension, no longer have the loud noise. But it will not sew out the flower from the ampass test design, it still looks the same.IMG_3575.jpg
            sorry for the picture being posted again in the previous post, do not know how to delete it.
            Thanks
            Bill

Comment

In DS go to select the area of the petals and right click, go to properties and then top stitching. That box will allow you to make changes in the stitches. Change the satin to a fill. That will help but it won't be a satin stitch. I think this will be what you want.
              Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Hey Wishes
                The flower is part of Melco's test designs, my machine used to be able to sew this design.
                Changing the satin to fill does not help me fix or adjust my XT?
                Trying to figure out what other adjustments need to be made.
                Thanks

Comment

Hi there. I am a big fan of if-it-is-messed-up-on-top-check-the-bobbin.

Clean and oil hook
                  Clean bobbin case
                  OR
                  Swap out bobbin case
                  Try a new bobbin if paper sided and sides are bent

Check the bobbin gap and finger locations

Check the feed roller and it's cohort.

If it's always the same needed
                  Try a new needle/reface the old needle

And my favorite -- make sure the tube that guides the thread into the machine in the back of the pantograph is attached to the machine. Mine came off and was loose, sitting about an inch away. I was ready to toss it into the bay!

Comment

You are right; you should be able to sew this out without eliminating the satin stitches. I assume that since it is happening with several colors that it is not particular to one needle, therefore we are looking for something general. The needle case has four packs of four needles each; is it possible that the looping is happening within one of these packs? I also assume that everything else on your AMPASS sewed out OK, therefore it is something particular to wide satin stitches. Something else that can be easily checked and can particularly mess with wide stitches is your presser foot height; set it as low as you can without marring the fabric.

I hate checking my hook rotational timing and my needle guard gap, but problems with either of these can cause looping due to failure to catch the bobbin thread, although I would expect other problems on the AMPASS. Also, how long since everything has been lubed? Try searching on "cracked threadfeed drive gear" and see if anything sounds like a possibility.

Comment

Thanks mama kass will check out theses other things you listed

Comment

Working...
                      X