Can Machine Be Adjusted To Fix This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Machine Be Adjusted To Fix This?

It seems as though 2 of our 4 Amaya XT machines are now rubbing through the backing and leaving a sticky residue on the black cylinder arm in the middle. Can the carriage be adjusted a bit higher to avoid this, and why would this now become a problem? We have had these machines for several years. I notice there is definitely a difference in the clearance distance between each of the machines. Never had this problem before, that's what's baffling me. Now I have noticed this happening a bit with our magnetic hoops occasionally, but not with the regular round plastic hoops. Any ideas???

Are the magnets pulling the hoop down towards the cylinder arm by any chance?

Comment

To move the hoop up just a little, how about shimming it. put a washer under where the screw goes in.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

That might just work Juli! I will give it a try to see if perhaps a thin washer will help without raising the garment too far away from the needle plate and end up causing troubles there. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

look at your hoop arms are they perfectly straight, I have seen folks actually bend them and they no longer laid flat.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

The arms still look good. The carriage's are actually closer to the arm on 2 of the machines. Out of the 4 machines none of them are positioned the same distance from the arm. Thanks for the thought tho.

Comment

Working...
            X