Amaya XT not communicating with the computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XT not communicating with the computer

I turned on the machine after a long hiatus. Not the first time. This time the machine flashed a little and then nothing. No keyboard light. Persistent grey screen on OS9. No spinning wheel. Nothing. I tried all the trouble shooting for software and hardware. I went all the way back from Win 10 back to my old trusted Win XP computer to eliminate compatibility issues. I called Melco. Nothing. Ethernet connections.Check. All the lights come on when you open up the board, but what do I know? The machine does not work. I can't use it, I can't sell it. Help?

I just had a similar event except I heard a series of beeps, then nothing. Turned out that the emergency stop switch was engaged.
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Nope, it was not the stop switch.

Comment

I am having this problem. Did you figure out what to do?
        Joanna

Comment

Not yet! I was really hoping someone out here would have an answer for me.

Comment

Amaya

Assuming that you checked the AC power failure steps

There is one possibility.......the controller/keypad should have the green LED flashing. If the green led is not flashing on the keypad you may need to check the Ethernet cable on the back of the keypad. If that is connected and it's still not flashing then you have an internal problem with the keypad or an internal problem on the machine. In either case you need a tech visit.

The flashing LED indicated that the Ethernet connection is not established. When that connection is good the LED will go solid and the OS screen will load the last job ran on the machine.

so if both of you are lucky. One will have a bad or wrong Ethernet cable and the other will not have the keypad connected.

you need to think back did you have it connected to a hub or was it directly to the PC. directly to the PC requires a crossover cable.

inobu
            Last edited by inobu; 11-14-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X