Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Hook timing/Hook point alignment

Here's my problem...
    Something happened while sewing a stocking and in turn the rotary hook was loose and spinning. (I may or may not have replaced the bobbin all the way in before I started sewing again.
    We (my tech savvy husband and I) followed the instructions to loosen the "arm" on the left in order to get rotary hook back into place. Then we have been following the hook timing procedure because the hook point was way off. My machines Z-axis position is 199.4, so we adjusted to 199.4 and then had to adjust the hook point. We've done that a few times now. My question is when it says to do the Head Up command and then the Bottom Center command, is it supposed to go back to 199.4? at Bottom center is reads 180 and the hook point is way off to the right. The manual is not clear here at this point.
    Please help!
    Thanks,
    Tricia
    Tricia
    Sharp Threads
    Almont, MI

The hook timing is set at your 199.4 for your machine correctly. When you do a head-up command the number should be in the 26.8 to 27.0 ish and when you do a bottom center it should go to 179.6 to 180 ish...

The "arm" which is the retaining support finger you made mention of....it is critical that that the finger on this be gapped to the rotary hook basket using the flat metal guage supplied in your starter kit....did I say critical....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you, Thank you Rod, you are awesome. I was about to purchase phone support but I will now make sure everything is put back, tightened, gapped, etc. and test the machine. we were assuming that bottom center should be going back to 199.4 not 180.
      We did make sure that gap was correct.

"Did I mention you are awesome!"
      I really do appreciate your time.
      Thank you,
      Tricia
      Tricia
      Sharp Threads
      Almont, MI

Comment

Trica,

Your other post is not showing here, but there are two positions to check when setting the hook timing in respect to the rotary hook

The left and right position refers to the very point of the hook....it should be set to where the tip of the hook point is just "barely" peeking out behind the left side of the needle when you have "your" machine at the target number of 199.4.

The second position is referred to as the "needle guard gap". this would be the space between the "face" of rotary hook to the backside of the needle. This would also be the "forward and backward" movement of the rotary hook when setting the timing.

It is important that the hook timing be done using the "closest needle" which is identified and written in the same place where you found your 199.4 target figure. It will be written as C-1 or C-2 etc,and could be any one of the 16 needles .

Melco is providing awesome phone tech support these days. It still would not be a bad idea to consider the purchase you mentioned.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X