Embroidering Blank Patches onto Jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidering Blank Patches onto Jackets

I have a client that wants to put their logo on a patch blank (4"x3" patch from AllStitch), and then affix it to their supplied waterproof jacket.
    I am new to patches and was wondering what processes others have used.
    I was thinking I could use spray adhesive to adhere the patch blank to some tear-away backer, sew out the logo, remove backer and affix the patch to the coat with some sort of adhesive followed by a walk stitch around the edge. Does this makes sense?
    If so, should I use a fuse-n-bond material to adhere or some sort of spray?
    Any opinions or solutions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

How many do they want? If 50 or more, I'd send it out to a patch maker. If they want a few, I'd insist that they let me start from scratch. It would be so much less trouble. I use the patch adhesive from Coleman & Co. out of Florida - very good stuff. They also have videos on how to do that.

I suggest that you do not let customers that know nothing of all the difficulties involved, tell you how to do you business. And don't be afraid to refuse a job. So, what this boils down to is $$$. They think they will be saving money by supplying the patches when that actually makes things more difficult for you. They haven't got a clue. So, if they supply the blank patch, make the price high. If you do it from scratch, then lower the price slightly. And I hope the blank patch they would supply would have adhesive backing! And check out YouTube; you can learn anything from there!
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

The order is only for 15 as of now, but could be more in the future. They are not supplying the patches. I was going to order them as I thought that might be my easiest, quickest route. If I were to make patches from scratch, how would that process go? Order the twill material, sew onto that material, then cut out the size requested, adhere to the jacket and then do a satin stitch around it to finish it off?
      This is just new to me and with anything I do, I try to find the most cost effective solution, while putting out a quality product. Thanks for your response and any additional advice is much appreciated.

Comment

Check out this video http://colmanandcompany.com/PATCHKIT-White.html This is such a simple way to make patches.
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Walk away from that nightmare. Too many question which means its uncharted waters. One mistake can wipe out your profit and have you paying the customer. Find out what one of those jackets cost and run the numbers for a mistake.
          Its too risky for you the way I see it.

Inobu

Comment

Working...
          X