Future access to files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future access to files

Due to age and health, we are planning to retire soon and sell our equipment. We have many files that we would like to preserve for the future. It is easy to save them and keep them. However, is there a way, once we no longer have DS, to convert them to an alternative brand's files as well as to save them in jpegs? I am assuming there is a program out there somewhere by which we might benefit our former customers.
    Bill

The short answer is yes. Saving aa a jpeg is fairly easy in DS. I don't have it open right now but as I remember you can turn the design to 3D and then save as jpeg with or without notes. As far as saving as an embroidery file you would just save it as an OFM or CND. When you send the file to someone else, their software should have the capabilities to open several different versions also. Of course I working from a very soggy memorie and like you I'm pretty much retired now too.

Comment

Thanks, John, for your answer. I was not clear enough in my question. I know I can do these things as long as I have DS. My question is: "Once I no longer have DS, is there a program by which I can do this?"
      Bill

Comment

Well I'm sure you know that a jpeg can be opened by most anything. The embroidery files are what they are, embroidery files that really can't be "seen". They are nothing more than computer speak for programming a machine. I hope that answers your question.

Comment

With melco sizer you can open and convert OFM files.
          and sizer is free and is what opens when you don't have your
          DS activated or the dongle plugged in.
          you can also save JPG files from it.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks, Greenwing! That's exactly the info I needed!!!! I though there was something out there, but I could not remember what it is!
            Bill

Comment

Greenwing, a follow-up question: since I am so leery of downloading sites (as they often download things I am not wanting!), do you recommend a site from which I can download the Melco Sizer?
              Last edited by Bill Griffin; 03-04-2017, 08:41 AM.
              Bill

Comment

Do you own DS now?
                If so just make a copy of your disc.
                when you install without a dongle or code you will
                have Melco sizer.
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                X