Amaya XT laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XT laser

The laser on one of my XT's has become blurry. I looked up the procedure to adjust or replace and states it must be done by a tech. Just looking to see if that is the case or has anyone out there replaced this part themselves. Seems fairly simple once I order / receive the new laser. Should I attempt or call my local tech?

Cindy in Phoenix

Did you try to clean it? Use a q-tip. I sprayed it with windex, the q-tip I mean, ream it up around in there.
    Hidden Cottage

Comment

At another later time, I accidentally, caught the laser cable and broke it, ordered the part, replaced it myself.
      Hidden Cottage

Comment

Hidden Cottage is probably correct; you've got something interfering with the path of the light. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how they work, lasers don't get blurry unless dust or something interrupts the path of the light being emitted. You can also look along the path that the light travels as it 'flows' to the surface of the embroidery; there might be a stray thread or a bit of fluff.

Comment

Mine is blurry on needle 1
          If i move to another needle its perfect.

Maybe this is the issue?

Comment

Then my guess is that something is either moving with the needle case or being moved by the needle case so that it moves into the path of the light when you move to needle 1.

Comment

If the laser is only blurry on the #1 needle, this means that the grabber trap frame has somehow gotten slightly bent and is now splitting the laser beam. Usually slightly bending the curved part of the frame ( carefully ) outward or inward will allow the laser to clear. If it is blurry on all 16 needle positions, then the laser is either dirty and/or the small hole the laser beam shines through in the right side upper arm cover has dirt/oil/lint, etc in it that is disrupting the laser beam.

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
              X