Adjustment of Needle Bar or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Needle Bar or ?

As my Needle Bar moves from needle to needle it touches the needles. Not enough resistance to stop the machine but just enough to make a click. This is new. How do I adjust it?
    Thank you in advance for any help you can give me
    Debbie in Arizona

The clicking sound is coming from the white plastic color changing gears. They are slightly out of alignment. In OS go to tools, maintenance, then steppers, then color change. Hit the home button and it will move to needle1, hit needle+once and it will move to needle 2. Home, needle+2 times, home and so on till you go to needle 16. the white gears are being put back into place and the clicking sound should go away.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I believe what you are possibly referring to is the "presserfoot" touching the needles as the needlecase is moving .....

If so, just take a flat blade screw driver and push the presserfoot back somewhat "gently" to bend it enough to clear the needles. Over time the presserfoot can get bent forward slightly, especially if doing a lot of caps. The presserfoot impacting the center seam of the cap tends to force it forward sliding down the seam and causing it to , for lack of a better word, fatique and bend. If you bend it too far it will start touching the front edge of the grabber trap so don't get too aggressive with it. Two to three mm is all that is required for spacing between the front of the presserfoot and the needles.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Last edited by Rod or Sharon; 03-22-2017, 09:43 AM.
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
      X