Titanium vs Stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium vs Stainless steel

I would like to know from all you experts out there which (sharp) needle would be best to use on wovens like scrubs, labcoats? I am not an embroidery business so I do mostly scrubs and labcoats and polo's and occasional towels and robes. Mama Kass has already said that sharp for wovens and ball point for knits, so I'm great with that but I have the Organ 75/11 sharp or the Groz-Beckert 75/11, which is best for everday use?

Up until recently Organ has been recommended by Melco but there was a change in manufacturing and now they recommend Groz-Becket because they are lasting longer. I have used both and don't find a difference. I do not keep track of how long each needle lasts. I recently bought needles and bought Groz-Becket.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I have been very happy with Organ needles I prefer them to most others for their useful life and value.
      I Really DON'T like G-B they hold no benefit IMHO..
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

I have also been happy with Organ, but I noticed that your thread title was 'Titanium vs. Stainless Steel.' Both manufacturers offer both types; I have always used stainless steel because I have never found a good method for monitoring how much use I get from a needle. Without that I have now way of telling exactly how much longer a titanium needle lasts. If anyone has experience with this I'd like to hear it.

Comment

The problem we have found using titanium needles is that when there is a mishap they can cause more damage to needle plates& hoops . the least expensive part of our machine is the needle and I have found when in doubt change the needle and never look back.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
          X