Need Help with Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Hat

I am very new to embroidery & this is my first post. I have a hat order that is giving me problems. I have a 6 panel structured 100% Acrylic hat with a 4in x 1in logo at 5894 stitch count. I get a lot of thread breaks but my biggest issue is there are three red lines and I'm getting the bobbin thread to show thru throughout the line. I have the hat hooped as tight as I can get it & am following the video I watched by Herb. I have it set to Auto and have tried material thickness from 6 to 10, tried the column feed from 40-50, have the lower limit set from 6-8. Tried 1 piece of backing and 2, speed set from 800-950. Changed the needle (not in backwards), changed the thread, changed the position of the thread on machine. I do not do digitizing but had it done by 2 different places ( sewing center out) both giving me bobbin thread in line. I tried on Manual once with material thickness at 8 and lower limit at 6. Had fewer thread breaks but same issue with bobbin in the line. I need help to see what I am doing wrong, running out of extra hats.

Thank you!

I have two tricks -- I switch to a color that is less noticeable, and I tighten the bobbin tension.

Comment

I have the bobbin dropping 1 inch is that good?

Comment

When I do mine it doesn't drop at all. I add additional material feed to make up for it.

Comment

OOPS -- I forgot this part If the above helps but doesn't eliminate the problem, stitch between 800 and 900 stitches per minute.

Comment

Thanks for your help Judy. I am still having problems but I will keep trying.

Comment

What machine do you have, Amaya, XT, XTS, EMT 16, EMT 16Plus?

You did not mention what cap brand or cap style. Is it structured or unstructured, what kind of backing?

You mention material thickness....it is important to realize that the "Auto Lower Limit " setting "only" applies and is "only" enabled and functional IF the "Auto Acti-eed " is enabled. If Standard is selected, the "Auto Lower Limit " tool is now disabled and whatever material thickness you select in the "Acti-feed" is now a constant and will not change unless you manually change it.

The three red lines you mentioned in the design .... how wide are they? I am going to assume that they are very narrow. If so you may need to add some pull compensation to make them wider. Changing the Column Feed to a smaller number does pull the bobbin thread more to the center of the column on the backside, but if the column is really narrow, it can be a losing battle.

What color of bobbin thread are you using? A black bobbin would help to hide the salt and pepper look in some cases. The first place I would look at is the width of the columns. Increase the width of them a little bit. If this is a low profile non-structured cap, definitely use 2 pieces of backing. If it is structured, usually 1 piece is used, but in both cases don't skimp on the backing length. You mentioned Herb's video, my wife and Herb made that video while I was working on one of his machines.... look at the length of the backing he was using...full length pieces approximately 11 inches long helps to allow the frames to get a good bite with all of the frame teeth, If two pieces are needed, then using one long piece and one shorter piece for the frontal design would be ok

Rod Springer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod-
                I have Amaya XT. This is a 6 panel structured 100%Acrylic hat from Buck Wholesale. I'm using a tear away stabilizer. I do have the Auto Actifeed selected not standard. The lines are narrow, a little under 1/4 inch. I am using white bobbin but could try black. I will try making the column feed a smaller number, I didn't try that. How do I increase the width of the columns? ( Sorry, I am new at this)

Comment

The lines/column width must be adjusted in the digitizing software via editing of the design by either adding Pull Compensation or changing the column width in the design. What level of Design Shop do you have?

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

I have Design Shop V9 but I had this digitized by someone else.

Comment

Having someone else do it probably means that the design is in an expanded format such as EXP or DST, ect.... to easily edit the column width, the design should be converted to "wire frame" and either "pull comp" or editing of the column width needs to be done. You have gotten me curious....send the design to me and I will take a look, edit it, if necessary and send it back to you with an explanation of what I see. Here is my email:

[email protected]

Rod Springer
                      Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Thanks to all for your help. I had the lines adjusted and it helped a little. I then tried the logo on my other 2 machines and it came out beautiful. It is the one machine, so now I will have to look at the machine.

Comment

Working...
                        X