Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Tension help

Hello All,

I am pretty new, so I apologize if this is pretty rambling.

I am running a digitized design on a piece of a flat non stretch fabric with two layers of cut away. I am running into some tensioning issues I was looking to get some understanding on. I am new to the Melcos, so any help I can get will point me in the right direction.

I have set my bobbin case to a tension of 22, I have experimented with actifeeds from 0-20. I have settled on an actifeed of 8 for my design. At 8 I am still seeing spots where the bobbin thread is visible on the face. At the same time fills sew very tight with base material showing through. The test sewouts are telling me the bottom is too loose or the top is too tight. I have pushed the actifeed up on test sewouts to like 11 or 12, but then I get a lot of thread looping.

I don't think I want to go tighter on the bobbin. Logic would say to tighten the bobbin. I am using a tensioner and as it sits at 22 I don't have any movement when I try to yoyo the bobbin case. I read 18-22 was the acceptable range I am looking for. If I set the bobbin to 18, predictably I get more bobbin thread on the face. I can loosen the top tension with actifeed to 12-14 but then I get a lot of thread looping. I had read online people are sewing hats with an actifeed of 12, and my two layers of cut away and a flat fabric can't be that thick.

I am sewing on a dark fabric with light thread, and in either configuration I am still seeing the fabric under the stitching regardless of density. I have a 1" square fill and have run densities from 2-4spi.

I know that's a lot in one post, but any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Working...
X