Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab coats

Hi All,
    Am beginning to get orders for lab coats, any advice on the best way to embroider the right chest? I have a Hooptech system with a 5" (or so) that has a sewing field of 4.3". There are some long names that will not fit inside the hoop without squishing the lettering together. I also have the regular hoops that came with the machine, but have a difficult time getting the name straight on the coat. I'm a tad flummoxed, any advice?
    Many thanx,
    Mike

My mistake, I meant to say that I have Mighty Hoops!
    Thanx,
    Mike

Comment

Getting a design straight and level with the XT is very simple. Cut a piece of tape as long as the sewing area for your hoop. With a pen, mark the center of the tape horizontally and vertically. The cross will be the center of you design. Lay the tape down exactly where you want the name then hoop the garment. Watching the laser light, move the hoop so that the laser light is on the left end and right on the line. Then while holding down the laser light button, hit the left arrow once. Then move the hoop so that the laser light is on the right end on the line and again while holding down the laser button, hit the left arrow. Now hold down the laser light and hit the bulls eye button. This will cause the design to exactly line up with your line (if you did it right). No matter how off your hooping, using this method, your design will always line up perfectly.

As for long names, yes, squeeze. I almost always make the letters be closer together than the default. I think it looks better. Someone on this list did a test where they sewed out letters exactly as typed in and another on the line below with the letters almost touching. Then asked their customer which one they liked best. Everyone chose the tight version. Don't forget that people with long names always have problems with their names fitting! You can only do what you can do.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I agree with Juli
        make the names fit in the hoop
        Names that are more then 4.3 inches are
        a bit over whelming.
        I have not found one that could not be
        adjusted to the hoop limits that you listed.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanx everyone, I think I've got it, by God I think I've got it!
          Mike

Comment

Don't forget that we are our own worst critics! What looks bad, marginal, sloppy, or crooked to us, just is not seen that way by most people. They think, "Wow! That is super. I love it." In my area there are lots of very long hyphenated foreign sounding names. So, what do people think I can do with that? Squeeze it up just like every other time their name appears in a limited space. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. And absolutely no one has ever complained or even mentioned it.
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
            X