Thread getting wound around the thread wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread getting wound around the thread wheel

We are trying to do satin grad stoles with metallic thread and the thread keeps winding around the thread feed wheel. Any suggestions as to how to stop this?
    Thanks
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

I use a thread stand, on a desk away from the Amaya. I put the metallic in a thread wrap or thread sock. If this provides too much tension, i have been known to sit and hand feed the machine off of the cone into the machine.

Comment

90% of our work is with metallic thread and this has never happened to us. It sounds like the thread is twisting tightly as it spirals off the cone, so the entire twisted part is going into the thread feed assembly. Can you watch a sew-out and see if this is what is happening? What brand of thread are you using and how big are the spools/cones? It sounds as though this is what Judy has experienced also, hence moving the thread farther away gives the twist a chance to loosen up before is enters the thread tubes on its way to the thread feed. Let us know if this is what is happening; in the mean time, I'll think about a solution.

Comment

Working...
      X