Top thread tension issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top thread tension issues

I am having the most irritating problem lately. Within the last 4 months, my Amaya XT absolutely will not stitch with Rayon thread. Polyester has no issues whatsoever. The machine will stitch between 6 and 30 stitches and the Rayon thread simply snaps.

Listed below are the steps we have taken to try and resolve this:
    • Replaced/Readjusted Bobbin
    • Replaced Thread Spools
    • Replaced Needles
    • Replaced rubber thread feed wheels
    • Replaced red thread feed wheels
    • Reset timing (twice) - not because timing was wrong, just to remove it from the equation
    • Reset thread feed gear spacing
    • Adjusted thread feed settings to try to optimize performance
    • Replaced thread break detection assembly and circuit board

I am nearly at the hair pulling stage. And am open to whatever suggestions the community can throw at me.

I really appreciate your help!

Matt

Matt, how old is your rayon thread? It ages quickly and starts snapping at will. I live in a humid region, and mine ages out in about two years. I have heard the average is around one.

I also had better luck running it at a slower speed with with more thread feed/material thickness.

HTH,
    Judy

Comment

Judy,

The thread was purchased roughly 6 months ago. No clue how long Madeira had it in a warehouse, but it isn't just one spool or color, every spool of Rayon is having this issue, all of a sudden. On my other AMAYA, I am not having any issues with the same spools...

I know, this is crazy.

Comment

WWWWWaaaaayyyyy back when I was in Amaya school, I learned if the top thread is acting up, it's a problem with the bobbin, and vice-versa. Maybe check the hook and needleplate for burrs, and replace the bobbin case.

How about sewing at a slower speed, and increasing material thickness/thread feed?

And don't forget that these machines can see. Make certain there is a baseball bat or golf club in it's visual range. Kind of like a riding crop and a horse. Always works wonders with mine...

Comment

Working...
        X