column widths on caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• column widths on caps

I have two Amayas 2005 and 2008. Both are XTs (or at least the 2005 has the round bobbin arm) . Sewing caps on them, same design, but on the 2008, the lettering columns widths are much thinner and look crappy compared to the 2005. Checked x-cable tension with the gauge plate and it is in spec (i did replace this cable earlier this year though).

My question is, what else could be the culprit? I do notice the cap driver moves more smoothly left to right on the 2005 (when not attached to the carriage). This is the older one piece cap driver, where as the 2008 is the two piece driver assembly. I also sew at 1100 spm on caps (usually 1200 spm on flats).

Originally posted by Theobear View Post
    I have two Amayas 2005 and 2008. Both are XTs (or at least the 2005 has the round bobbin arm) . Sewing caps on them, same design, but on the 2008, the lettering columns widths are much thinner and look crappy compared to the 2005. Checked x-cable tension with the gauge plate and it is in spec (i did replace this cable earlier this year though).

My question is, what else could be the culprit? I do notice the cap driver moves more smoothly left to right on the 2005 (when not attached to the carriage). This is the older one piece cap driver, where as the 2008 is the two piece driver assembly. I also sew at 1100 spm on caps (usually 1200 spm on flats).
    Try doing caps at 850/900. That's where we run ours.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply John, but my engineering background won't let me just slow them down when I know one machine is sewing it perfectly. They are capable of sewing at high speed, and time is money!! There has to be a mechanical or software related issue that causes the issue. It is subtle, but if I can see it, so can my customer.

Comment

On the 2008, increase your thread feed. Maybe it is just pulling it really tight and bunching the fabric underneath. Couldn't hurt to try...

Comment

Originally posted by Theobear View Post
          Thanks for the reply John, but my engineering background won't let me just slow them down when I know one machine is sewing it perfectly. They are capable of sewing at high speed, and time is money!! There has to be a mechanical or software related issue that causes the issue. It is subtle, but if I can see it, so can my customer.
          And my creative mind says - the solution isn't always obvious. Kind of like when Herb told me sometimes you need to tell the machine it's not in the CCF hoop - rather in a standard hoop to get things to sew out right.

For me what works, works. I don't question why all the time.

We run all of our hats at 850-950 - Period. Been doing it for 13/14 years now.

BTW, this is where Rod could probably chime in but a 2005 and a 2008 might have a different thread break sensor which could account for what it senses is being fed. There also might be subtle differences that were tweaked between those years. I can tell you we have 4 Amayas produced in different years and while they sew similar, each one has a different personality. Had we bought all four at the same time, they probably would be more alike.

Crappy hats that don't turn out the way you want also cost you money, time and reputation. Good luck to you - hope you get your issue solved.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
          X