AMAYA XT take up lever STUCK down - Tech HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMAYA XT take up lever STUCK down - Tech HELP

I have had my machines (2) for 8 years, and always do all the maintenance as needed. But I am at a loss for this one.
    I was stitching out a design - chest logo size.
    all of a sudden the machine made a loud noise, and then stopped, the Amays OS software gave an error... I think it said x/y axis error, so I let me other machine finish stitching out what it was working on.
    I turned both machines off, and OS.
    Then I turned on OS, and then the broken machine.
    The machine turns on, and makes a noise like it wants to pull up the lever, but it can't. it tries 2or 3 times, and then stops. The needle is in the correct location, so its like the lever is not controlling the needle.
    OS does not even recognize the machine now.
    HELP... I dont want to cause anymore harm, so I shut if off.
    Other machine is picking up the slack right now, since I have stacks of embroidery orders that have to be completed.

Thank you for any Advice,
    Amy
    Naming It 4 U<br />\"We Customize 4 U\"<br /><br /><br />Amy and Mike Walker

Please remove the needle before you do anything else.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I'm confused... what is stuck in the down position, the presser foot/needle holder assembly or one of the 16 take up levers for one of the needles?

Comment

Fixed - Whoo Hoo

The lever arm was stuck in the down position on 1 needle.

I had to call a tech this morning, and he was willing to guide me thru the fix over the phone.

So the final issue was - a piece of needle was logged into the rotary hook. ( this must have been in there a long time.... my last needle break was over 2 weeks ago)

All lubed up and race ready.

I hope I never have this problem again.

But I did learn a bunch with a 30 minute conversation.

He will being coming up to service both my machines.... I have never had a professional work on my machines, so i guess it is time.

Thanks,
        Amy
        Naming It 4 U<br />\"We Customize 4 U\"<br /><br /><br />Amy and Mike Walker

Comment

Working...
        X