Trimmer/Selector Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimmer/Selector Alignment

One of our Amaya XT machines is not trimming at all.

On the machine in question, I recently did the 4,000,000 stitch maintenance, which I usually use to clear the dust bunnies out of there. This time, when I ran the machine after the maintenance, the machine tried to sew, but registered a thread break. When I looked, there was a huge birds nest in there, and upon taking it apart, I noticed that the wire had fallen off the selector. I put the wire back and reassembled everything, but ever since then, that machine has not trimmed at all.

We have two of these machines, so I took them both apart to compare them. I think the problem is that the machine does not have a gap for the thread to be caught during the trim like the working machine does.

I have tried to upload pictures, but they are not uploading for some reason (and I have checked pixel dimension and file size.)

On the machine that works, I can clearly see a gap where the thread gets caught between the trimmer blade and the selector in order for the trim to perform. On the problem machine, the trimmer blade is laying more on top of the selector so that no such gap exists. We have taken the machine apart and cannot figure out how to align it properly.

We no longer have a tech anywhere in this state. I would sure appreciate some help on what to do.

We did also compare the two selectors to see if maybe the selector on the problem machine got bent, but they appear to match.

We have also replaced the trimmer blade, even though the one that was in there was changed very recently.

Help!

Thanks,

Lisa Harkins
    Blue Fox Prints
Working...
X