EMT 16 and Bravo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMT 16 and Bravo

Like a little input on these two machines from some that have them.
    First I keep hearing (from a tech) the EMT 16 has had a lot of issues with it compared to the XT. If so what is your opinion?
    Also the Bravo. Those who have them are you happy with them and are there any issues with them? I'm looking to upgrade from my 5 EMC's and wanted to know what everyone thought.

Thanks,
    KW

THANKS, John, Judy, Wishes and Mary for you kind response. All infro. was appreciated.
    Last edited by waynek; 02-03-2018, 01:38 PM. Reason: Responding to post

The reality is, most folks in this forum have Amaya’s/XT- so there honestly may not be much of an opinion on the EMT or Bravo. We’ve been here a long time and the community is what it is.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks John, Sorry I guess I misread the title "Amaya Users"

Comment

I've been part of this group (cough -- forever) since before XT's were available, and XTS wasn't even a concept yet, let alone the latest incarnation.

I started with an original Big Red, which I understand were taken back and retrofitted to the Bravo. I have the XT now, and a better workhorse I could not hope for. I, for lack of a better word, killed my Big Red in 2.5 years. The XT I have is now 11 years old, and has only had regular maintenance.

If you can find an XT that has had a maintenance agreement its entire life, and all work done by a Melco tech, I'd go that way. My Silver Surfer is a wonderful, wonderful machine.

Comment

Originally posted by waynek View Post
          Thanks John, Sorry I guess I misread the title "Amaya Users"
          The bottom line is - the bravo was marketed as more of a stand alone machine. They took an Amaya and put limitations on it. I don't know many people who would want to expand to multiple machines that took it seriously.

As far as the EMT, I don't know anyone personally that has one. They still are relatively new - and I know they did have some issues out of the gate but if I understand correctly, they have been resolved. It has the heart of an Amaya and if you look at it, they are very very similar.

Depending on what you want to do, and if you need a warranty, buying new is great and there are some wonderful techs all over the US.

For me (as in with cars), I'd rather let someone else take the depreciation hit and buy used - but I'm familiar with and can fix the machines. You can find original Amayas out there for $2500-4000 (sometimes including hoops and software). XT's are a little bit more.

If I was you - that's where I'd look.

Wish we had more users with EMT's that could offer their experience, but if we do, they haven't posted about it. This tends to be the home for those of us with Amaya's and Amaya XT's for better or for worse.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I have used all of these machines and currently have an EMT16. I have liked them all. The EMT16 is quieter and is very similar to the XTS in function. It looks more streamline but has the same thread wheels tension system. Maintenance is the same with a few added areas. The cutter is different. The BRAVO has a smaller sewing field. The EMT16 has an open area underneath the bobbin where a panel can sit if you chose. This allows for things like golf bags or stadium chairs to fit. The software on the machine has the screen like the XTS has but you also have an alternative computer interface that has bigger visuals and appears more cartoon like. I understand it was added for those people who aren’t computer savvy or non English speakers. Larger pictures and very colorful. Threads the same. It is taller.
            Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I wish I could effectively post "JERK" to that last post which said "I apologize for the above post. I didn't realize that this was a windows shoppers and tire kickers form only." From waynek. I hope that user is purged.
              Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Working...
              X