DS V10 crashes when trying to open a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS V10 crashes when trying to open a file

I have Design Shop V10. I had an .eps file sent to me and I opened it in DS. Upon the image coming on the screen, I got the message, "sections of this image were too complex to be properly rendered in vector elements for embroidery. Some elements may have been removed or simplified."

I hand traced the image to convert it to embroidery and saved it. Whenever I would use the automatic conversion it would crash the system upon closing and opening the file. I thought that converting it myself would make the design simpler. Anyway, it didn't work. I closed it and when I opened it up again I got the same message about it being too complex to properly render. For the words I use the fonts in the design program since when I convert them as a design it also crashes the program.

what is going on? Has anyone else had this message and problem? If so, what did you do to overcome it? PLEASE help!

I would use your graphic program to trace out the image. Chances are that file was designed in a manner that uses up memory because a coordinate is out of the embroidery range.

Check the file size and what the print size will be if printed.

Chances are the graphic program will allow you to see what the issue is.

Comment

Working...
    X