Embroidery on Soccer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery on Soccer Ball

I have an Amaya XT and I am attempting to embroider on a soccer ball. I have tried to adjust the foot as well as the settings. It embroiders for a while (about 50 stitches) then I get a thread break. Has anyone else tried this? I slowed the machine down and it still happens. I would appreciate all the assistance I can get.
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

You'll have to go into settings and increase your material thickness/thread feed. Start at around 10. Increase if you still get breaks. Don't forget to adjust back down when done.

Comment

Gees, the things people want!
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have adjusted that, have gone from 6 to 12 and the same thing. I checked the bobbin and it is ok. I set the foot at the thickness also. hummm

Comment

I've done softballs but this one is giving me problems. We have to make customers happy, right?

Comment

I'd like to see this when it's done, I have NO idea what you're doing...
            Susan
            @Hidden Cottage
            Hidden Cottage

Comment

Got me an old soccer ball and unthreaded part of it. Trying to embroider on the outer part.

Comment

What for? What are you putting on there?
                @Hidden Cottage
                Hidden Cottage

Comment

Then you sew it all back together?
                  Would still, very much, like to see the finished product.
                  @Hidden Cottage
                  Hidden Cottage

Comment

Perhaps the thread passing so many times through the leather is shredding it; Rod told us that the thread goes through the hole quite a few times before it is laid down as a stitch. Can you reduce your density? Also, what presser foot height are you using?

Here is a good quote from Signman re. shredding:

"when I see the shredding it is 90% certain the needle has a 'burr' on it...run the tip of scissors 'down' the needle tip around it, if you feel a 'click' then your needle is toast. Usually we get that after doing 6 panel hats-the center seam 'pulls' the needle sideways as the needle goes into the needle plate and it just bends it a bit. After that-burr city! And every once in awhile do a 'head down' and double check the needle plate-seems the screws don't hold it in perfect alignment forever and it can shift just enough so the needle with thread 'rubs' on the way through, more shredding."

and links on embroidering on leather:

What to use and how to use it. Includes... Digitizing, Needles, Hooping, Backings, Threads, Bobbins & more.

highlight=leather

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
                      Perhaps the thread passing so many times through the leather is shredding it; Rod told us that the thread goes through the hole quite a few times before it is laid down as a stitch. Can you reduce your density? Also, what presser foot height are you using?

Here is a good quote from Signman re. shredding:

"when I see the shredding it is 90% certain the needle has a 'burr' on it...run the tip of scissors 'down' the needle tip around it, if you feel a 'click' then your needle is toast. Usually we get that after doing 6 panel hats-the center seam 'pulls' the needle sideways as the needle goes into the needle plate and it just bends it a bit. After that-burr city! And every once in awhile do a 'head down' and double check the needle plate-seems the screws don't hold it in perfect alignment forever and it can shift just enough so the needle with thread 'rubs' on the way through, more shredding."

and links on embroidering on leather:

What to use and how to use it. Includes... Digitizing, Needles, Hooping, Backings, Threads, Bobbins & more.

highlight=leather

http://www.amayausers.com/discussion...=thread+needle
                      Thank you I'll check the needle........... Let you know

Comment

If I ever get it done I'll show it

Comment

Well I managed to get one part done but when the machine goes to tie out the thread comes out. I have checked the bobbin tention and it is fine. Do you have any other ideas? Material thickness is set at 7, tried 12 to 7 and I have tried the foot all the way down all the way to 3 clicks. I turned the speed up from 300 to 700 and it seemed to run better, however when the thread breaks I have a bigger mess in re-threading.

Comment

It's curved...can you stick it in a CCF with heavy tear away backing? A 12 sharp needle instead of an 11 ball point or sharp?

Comment

It is laying flat as I unstitched the ball enough to make it fairly flat. I am going to try to lay a tack down prior to embroidering. I have been reading about the settings on actifeed being 25-29 also set the material thickness as well. We will see. I did try a sharp needle and that did not help. Thank you all for trying to help me.

Comment

Working...
                              X