metallic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metallic thread

Hi, can anyone help me, embroideryng with metallic thread, i have a Amaya XT, suggestion?
    thank you all
    berny

Metallic thread doesn't like tension as much as regular thread. Go into settings by needle, and use the metallic set up when you use metallic thread.

I also set the thread not on top of the machine, but a distance away and use a thread stand. If it still keeps breaking, I hold the spool and roll it off instead of letting it feed off of the top and twist. Metallic gets twisty and breaks.

Comment

We use metallics almost exclusively and have no trouble with twisting when using Robison Anton "J" Metallics. I'm pretty sure that the "J" stands for Japanese, who make the best metallic thread. Superior threads are basically the same Japanese thread, but they don't sell the large cones we need. Yenmet is another thread I've seen recommended on this site. Quality thread is paramount! I use 75/11 in both sharps and ballpoints; the fabric type dictates this choice (generally, sharps for wovens, ballpoints for knits). I've recently switched to DBx7ST needles which are specifically for metallics and have a larger eye which reduces the friction on the thread. When using metallics I increase both my column feed and run/fill feed by about ten points because this thread is stiffer and it seems to help. The key to sewing with metallics is reducing any friction on the thread to a minimum. Good digitizing is essential and you might also try reducing stitch density. Presser foot height can also make a lot of difference; keep it as low as you can without marring the fabric. If all is good, I can embroider at 1200 spm. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
      X