x motor tracking error on large frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x motor tracking error on large frame

Hello everyone, please forgive the book I am about to write but the more info you have the more help you can give. I have an Amaya XT, running OS 10 with Designshop V9

I have digitized a large design that goes on the back of a dress shirt. It fills the 17.25in X 11.75 in frame within an inch all the way around. I have sewn this design out at least 7 times. No problem in the past. However, when I loaded any frame and began by tracing the design it would give a "hoop limit exceeded" error even though the design was much smaller than the frame being used and had plenty of room. I turned of the hoop limit indicator and traced the design to make sure it would fit. No problem.

After successfully sewing the front patch using a fast frame 4x5 and the sleeve using the 4x11 fast frame I moved the arms out, loaded the 17X14 frame and went to sew the large back patch out. (I had also ran several other jobs using the 7 inch round Melco frame as well as a couple of hats using the WACF. All traced fine and sewed out fine.) So I hooped the shirt back, loaded the design, set the color sequence and hit trace. The hoop began to move then moved way past the hoop on the right and threw a "x motor tracking error". Having spent hours reading on the internet, I have used the red emergency button to stop the machine and reset it, didn't work, I have shut the machine off and left it off for several days then turning in the computer, opening OS 10, setting it to force download them turning on the machine and reloading the design. Same error.

I have recently wiped the laptop clean, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows and then the Melco software and only the IS 10 and design shop. I eliminated all the other programs that were installed through the years. I'm stumped. It will trace and embroidery on the smaller hoops and fast frames but always moves ask the way to the right way past the hoop when I trace. It is like it is confused on where the center of the big hoop is.

I bought the machine used in November 2017 and had it serviced in February after the needle case came off track. I have followed all the maintenance requirements and until now it has sewn like a champ
    Whew sorry for the book but I wanted you to have all the info
    Last edited by ChicksRide2; 05-19-2018, 01:59 PM.

From what I remember about the sash frame, it doesn't give that much more sewing area. The physical hoop does, but the software does not. It gives SLIGHTLY more on the left and right -- maybe a half inch each side? -- but not much. If you are within an inch on the left and right, that may be causing the error.

Comment

I'm not clear on your hoop size. Is 14x17 the size of your actual hoop; if so, I don't see one this size offered by Melco. It sounds as though something is digitized outside the approximate maximum of 16" in design width that these machines are capable of. If your design is actually 2" smaller than the 17" width of the frame, you should be OK. What shows on your screen when you load the design; is anything outside the hoop limits?

Comment

sorry, the hoop is a Melco HOOP, TUBULAR, PLASTIC 44cm X 30cm(17.25in X 11.75 in) [Fits outside hoop arm position] 3010204-01

When I load the design it fits nicely inside the dotted lines. I even reduced the design in design shop and reloaded. it has at least an inch margin inside the dotted lines and it still traces way too far to the right with the head going past the frame. it is like the hoop is not centering at 0,0 but rather around 4, 0.

Comment

Judy, I am not using the sash frame. my original size posted was wrong. I am using .HOOP, TUBULAR, PLASTIC 44cm X 30cm(17.25in X 11.75 in) [Fits outside hoop arm position]
          010204-01

Comment

Problems centering used to happen to one of our machines. Almost always was the optical sensor on the underside of the carriage arm not reading correctly. This is in a big red. Clean the sensor. Clean the bar the sensor reads. E-stop and push the carriage all the way back, all the way right. Turn off estop. Try to center hoop.

May not fix your issue but thought i would share in case it did.
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

thanks I try it when i get home. my machine is not a big red, it has the smoked covers on the side. what is so weird is that it works on the smaller hoops, just not the big one which is of course the money maker lol

Comment

JOhn, I sure hope you are available. I didn't get to try it yesterday but I am at my machine now. I have used the red stop button, pushed the carriage all the way to the back and the right. Now what am I looking for?

Comment

ok, I think I found it. Is it under the bottom of X-beam? a very small black box. I used compressed air then cleaned it gently with a lint free cloth. then I used compressed air for the bar on the back of the needle case. I pushed the case back and to the right. Then I turned it back on and used the hoop center on the keypad. it appears to have centered. So I try to trace, same thing

Comment

Originally posted by ChicksRide2 View Post
                    ok, I think I found it. Is it under the bottom of X-beam? a very small black box. I used compressed air then cleaned it gently with a lint free cloth. then I used compressed air for the bar on the back of the needle case. I pushed the case back and to the right. Then I turned it back on and used the hoop center on the keypad. it appears to have centered. So I try to trace, same thing
                    So, it centers but then you load the design and trace and the same thing happens?

Yes, you found the correct sensor. That reads the white paint on the top of the part of the carriage that holds and screws in the hoop arms.
                    John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

OK, I'm officially frustrated. Yes the same exact thing happened.

I have a back up computer that I pulled out thinking it could be a glitch in the software when I wiped and reloaded the laptop. I fired it up, loaded my design, traced it and it did exactly the same thing.

I am going tomorrow to meet with a group and take orders for many items including the large shirt backs. I would feel much more confident if I could get this thing to work for my demo shirt.

I am open to any suggestions at this time. what makes me really frustrated is the fact that it works fine on my 5 and 8 inch hoops as well as my 4x5 and 4x11 fast frame. so it "sees" the correct boundaries for the smaller frames.
                      Last edited by ChicksRide2; 05-19-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

looking at the hoop drop down box I see both rect-w(17.25x11.75 in.) and rect-p(17.25x11.75 in.) I never paid attention to this and have now tried both. same result

Comment

What if you used the full sew field frame instead. As long as you trace to make sure you are ok, it doesn’t matter - whatever it takes to get the job done.
                          John Yaglenski

Comment

I try it tomorrow and let you know. I didn't think about that. I did go in and create a custom frame using the offset to "allow" for the distance the carriage moves. No luck with that either
                            Last edited by ChicksRide2; 05-22-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Well, I just tried the full sew field. no luck, same exact movement.

Comment

Working...
                              X