Laser light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser light

My laser on my Big Red shows up great on needles 1, 2 and 3 but on the rest of the needles i can barely see it. I have followed instructions that were on here about removing the right side black plate on the front and blowing the light area out with canned air. What reason would there be for light to show up on a few needles but not the others. I have even tightened the screw on the bottom of the black plate but it hits it on needles #4 and after, what can I do?

Thanks!

Are you saying that the needle case is hitting the black cover plate when it moves past #3? Did it do this before you took it off?

Comment

No ma'am. My black plate is on great, it's the laser light that is hitting the bottom screw on the black plate ( the screw right behind the needles). The laser shows up great on needles 1, 2 & 3 but on all the other needles I can barely see the red laser.

Comment

OK, I'll have to take a look at mine, but I'm not near my machine. Are you in a hurry?

Comment

no ma'am. Whenever you get a chance, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I took a picture of my machine, but I can't get it to upload so I'll try to describe what I see. With the right black cover off, you should see 4 main screw holes and one small one at the lower left. The laser is a small white box that sits diagonally in a 'nook' that lies on top of a diagonal line extending from the small screw hole on the extreme lower left up to the main, lower left screw hole. If you're either brave or stupid, depending on who you ask, you turn on your machine and press the laser light button on the keypad to see the path of the light...DO NOT MOVE THE NEEDLE CASE!!! This path does not change when the needle case is moved. If you look at the diagonal leg hanging down from the lower left corner of the cover plate, you will see a small depression with a hole that the light passes thru when the cover is on. As you can see, somehow the path of this light is being blocked when you move your needle case. It does not turn on or off or move when the case is moved. If the light appears to change position, either the little box containing the laser is getting moved or something is entering the path of the light and making it go askew. I hope this helps...it seems your mission is to figure out what is interfering with the path of the laser.

Comment

Yes ma'am, that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out! I thank you so much for the info and I will check both the position of the laser "box" and the path area on the black front cover. Thank you so much for the information. Have a great day!!

Comment

Sorry if I've told you what you already know; I never know how much people know about how their machine works. Let us know what you find; it could help someone else.

Comment

yes ma'am, Thanks again!

Comment

I wanted to let you know that I finally figured out what was blocking the lazer light. The small screw at the bottom of that black plate on the front right was tightened so much that the plastic plate was bowed out a little. I backed that screw out and then I pushed the black plate in and tightened up the screw till it stopped, didn't put too much pressure when i tightened it back. Now my laser light is very bright on all needles now. I thank you so much for your help, I love this site.

Comment

Glad you solved it. Sometimes the simplest things can be the most confounding...

Comment

Working...
                      X