Re-Enable Password for Design Shop V9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Enable Password for Design Shop V9

I bought an old Big Red Amaya and am trying to get it set up. I got the software installed and got the machine communicating with the PC. I've got a paper with the software passwords on it, but the field is greyed out in the Design Shop V9 software. Do I need to call up tech support to get the re-enable code or is there a way to enable the Permanent Password field? I've got all the permanent passwords, I just can't get the dang field enabled! Thanks, Ray
    Melco Amaya Big Red
    Amaya OS V10
    Design Shop V10

Have you installed the dongles for your software before you turned on the computer?

Comment

Interesting you said dongles... It came with two, but I am only using one. Do I need to use them both? The installation seemed to go fine with one of them. I actually tried it with the other first and it didn't work. They look the same, with the same SN, but the other code on them is different. I kind of assumed the other dongle was for the V5 of the software that also came with it. If I am mistaken, let me know. Ray
      Melco Amaya Big Red
      Amaya OS V10
      Design Shop V10

Comment

OK, I played around with adding and removing the dongles and it appears I need them both. One is for the Amaya OS and the other is for Design Shop. The Amaya OS doesn't seem to have a code as the license says Permanent. The Design Shop V9 looks like I need to re-enable the software with some kind of temporary password before I put in the permanent password.

I'm going to call support and see if they can help.... although I may try to reinstall with both in. That may fix the problem as I think I only had one in when I was installing the software.
        Melco Amaya Big Red
        Amaya OS V10
        Design Shop V10

Comment

OK... support doesn't seem to help. My unit isn't under warranty and I haven't paid for phone support. :\
          Melco Amaya Big Red
          Amaya OS V10
          Design Shop V10

Comment

Yep - you need both dongles. And in some cases need to install the sentinel driver as well for them to work properly.

I'll have to check on the permanent thing - but it almost sounds to me like the dongle isn't being recognized. Have you tried starting up the OS and running the machine otherwise? It should work in a very limited mode but the machine should come online. Have you confirmed that both programs are seeing the dongles.
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Hey... Yes, both dongles are recognized. One is for Design Shop and the other for the OS.
              When I go into Tools:Security both show up with Amaya OS being a permanent license and DS being a 0 day status. The paper I have shows the Amaya OS not needing any passwords and has a permanent password plus a Pro+ password for DS9.

I found the activation page on Melco's site and sent an email. I got a pretty quick response back saying they can help me out, but I needed to create a Melco account and pay a relicensing fee for the transfer. I hope it's not crazy big because I bought this machine with the idea that the software was with it. I gave them the info they asked for, so hopefully it's not expensive.
              Melco Amaya Big Red
              Amaya OS V10
              Design Shop V10

Comment

Do you have the folders the CD's came in?

Comment

OR contact the person you bought all of the above from to ask where they stored the passwords.

Comment

I have the paper with the passwords on it, but there is no password to re-enable. Seems like when I installed it on the pc it reverted to a trial mode, which expired. I just need the re-enable code and then put my code in. The Melco rep replied and said they would contact me with information about registering the software. We will see how much it is before I start trying to bypass the system.
                    Melco Amaya Big Red
                    Amaya OS V10
                    Design Shop V10

Comment

Originally posted by GemCityBooks View Post
                      I have the paper with the passwords on it, but there is no password to re-enable. Seems like when I installed it on the pc it reverted to a trial mode, which expired. I just need the re-enable code and then put my code in. The Melco rep replied and said they would contact me with information about registering the software. We will see how much it is before I start trying to bypass the system.
                      What happens when you have the program open and you pull the dongles out?

Have you installed the sentinel (dongle) drivers?

Can you run the OS ok? You should be able to even without a dongle - operate it in basic mode. Does it see the machine and transfer the CSA/RSA files? Does the machine start up, find center and move to the appropriate needles?
                      John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I think everything is as it should be, I just need some kind of code to enable Design Shop so I can put the Permanent password in. Both dongles show up in the security screen. The machine starts up and moves around a bit. I can turn the laser on and move the needle case and hoop holder around. I don't think there is anything physically wrong, per se.

When I start Design Shop, it seems to open normally, then says my trial has expired and I need to call to reactivate. Amaya OS SE opens just fine.

Hopefully I'll get more info on Monday. It's possible the people I bought it from gave me the wrong dongle. They bought a new machine and maybe I got the dongle that had a trial on it... but I really think it is just because I installed the software on a new PC and Melco has something in the Design Shop dongle to disable the software so they can keep track of who has what.
                        Melco Amaya Big Red
                        Amaya OS V10
                        Design Shop V10

Comment

It sounds like the computer is not recognizing your dongle, for some reason. I have moved my software through three different computers (one died, one new, one back up) and I don't have that issue at all. Have you tried switching dongle positions on your PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
                            It sounds like the computer is not recognizing your dongle, for some reason. I have moved my software through three different computers (one died, one new, one back up) and I don't have that issue at all. Have you tried switching dongle positions on your PC?
                            Thats what I have been saying too.

LE runs without a dongle. Your computer is not seeing the dongles. To prove, don’t put them in and start the programs. Everything will look the same as you mentioned.

Load the sentinel drivers for the key.
                            John Yaglenski

Comment

The PC is recognizing both dongles. The drivers did install. They show up in the security settings and disappear when removed, then reappear when put back in. The dongles had been unplugged for over a year, so it's possible the one that has the DS key on it lost whatever information it needed to reauthorize the software. I don't think it is a standard usb thumb drive, but a powered encryption device.

If I start it without the dongles, it is completely different.

Without Dongles:
                              Amaya OS Lite
                              When clicking DS... Sizer opens, DS will not open

With Dongles:
                              Amaya OS SE
                              DS Pro+, but immediately says my trial has expired and reverts back to some non-functioning version which locks everything out
                              Melco Amaya Big Red
                              Amaya OS V10
                              Design Shop V10

Comment

Working...
                              X